The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Great stuff Chris! Hard to beat that all English shave! (is that a Simpson synthetic in the background I spy?)

Pacific Rush the Pens the next day... from one extreme to another.

LOL, Don! I never even thought of that, but you've made an interesting observation. It is a bit of a contrast, eh? Even if it was totally random.

Good showing today ole chap. Good showing I say!

Thanks, Dave.

That pic is gorgeous. Glad ya got your razor back. Chad was liking it a little too much !! Lol

Thanks, Dave. And this was my first use of the 16 since its return.
1f60e.png

Gorgeous pic! Glad the day started off well!

Thanks, Chris.

Great stuff Chris! Hard to beat that all English shave! (is that a Simpson synthetic in the background I spy?)

Thanks, Josh. And the brush in the background isn't a Simpson synthetic; it's the Edwin Jagger XL synth. Although I have tried a Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic once, and it's an excellent brush. I may end up buying one......eventually. Maybe.
1f60e.png

SR Shave #630:

Today's shave was with one of my favorite soaps: Declaration Grooming "Original". Man oh man, I totally dig this! The performance is "elite" status all the way, as has been mentioned by me and others; and the scent is flat-out-awesome!

I'm not any good about describing scents in terms of individual scents notes, but I can try to use other soaps (or frags) that may be similar. The best way I can describe this "Original" is it's sort of like a combination of Mike's Natural "Barbershop", mixed with some AoS "Sandalwood", and just a touch of Storybook Soapworks "Hallward's Dream". What can I say, other than it's marvelous.

The T-I did a very comfortable 2 passer for a nice DFS. However, I did a third pass with the Merkur 34 just for good measure (result: BBS). My wife and I have plans tonight, and I didn't want to tempt you-know-who. We are meeting one of my old army buddies and his wife for dinner tonight; taking them to our favorite restaurant in all of the ATL, and in our opinion, the best steakhouse in town (and my wife is from Kansas, so she's the authority on such matters).
1f44d.png

Finished up with LIDG EdT. Goodness gracious, this is most excellent juice! Truth be told, it just may be my A#1 single favorite frag. And my wife totally digs me wearing it too, which is indeed the most important thing.
1f60e.png

Thiers-Issard//Rudy Vey Shavemac DO1, 2-band flat top//DG Original//Fine Snake Bite + Thayer's Witch Hazel//LIDG EdT

Man Chris...your entire shave is just down right inspiring! Just happiness all around. I was literally smiling while reading your entry!

You should take us on a tour of your fragrances sometime. Seems like you've got a pretty nice selection.

You should take us on a tour of your fragrances sometime. Seems like you've got a pretty nice selection.

Thanks, Dave. And I can list what frags I currently have on hand. These are all EdC, EdT, EdP full bottle - no decants. (And the list does not include samples that I also have). I don't consider it an "extensive" inventory, but I suppose it's all relative.
1f60e.png

Acqua di Parma Colonia

Aqua Colonia Concentrada Barberia

Aramis

Armani Acqua di Gio

Art of Shaving Sandalwood

Azzaro Pour Homme

Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg

Bleu de Chanel EdP

Brut EdC (vintage)

Brut Special Reserve

C.O. Bigalow White

Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber

Creed Aventus

Creed Bois du Portugal

Creed Green Irish Tweed

Creed Imperial

Creed Spice & Wood

Davidoff Cool Water

Dior Fahrenheit

DR Harris Arlington

Duhhill Icon

English Leather EdC (vintage)

Fine American Blend

Guerlain Heritage

Guerlain Homme L’Eau Boisee

Guerlain L’Instant de Guerlain

Guerlain Vetiver

Hoyt’s Cologne

Old Spice

Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet

Penhaligon’s Hammam Bouquet

Penhaligon’s Sartorial

Pinaud Citrus Musk EdC

Pinaud Lime Sec EdC

Sir Irisch Moos

Tabac EdC

Terre d’Hermes

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Oh. My. Word.

Top spicy/peppery scent and top warm/spicy scent?

Awesome set-up and shave Chris, and wonderful selection of frags to choose from there! The Creed Bois du Portugal is a amazing scent!

Back