The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

My next favorite Wheat State Soaps is the "7 Mile Beach" - another one I definitely dig.
I had a sample of that one. I liked the soap, just wasn't wild about the scent. I looked at their site to possibly order something, but none of their scents grabbed me.

Great shave Chris! I have almost pulled the trigger on that soap but haven't. Starting to think that maybe I should.

Great soap = great shave. Nothing like using something you would term elite.

I had a sample of that one. I liked the soap, just wasn't wild about the scent. I looked at their site to possibly order something, but none of their scents grabbed me.

Understandable. But so far, I've liked the ones I've used.

Great shave Chris! I have almost pulled the trigger on that soap but haven't. Starting to think that maybe I should.

It's good stuff, and you'd swear it was a tallow soap, but it's not. I'd say it's one of the best vegan soaps I've used.

Great soap = great shave....

Can't argue with that!

Fantastic photo per usual. Great shave!

Thanks, Chris.

Tuesday's shave:

One word:

"IN...JEC...TOR"!

Here's the set up:

Yessiree! 2-passes for a totally irritation-free, fantastic DFS result. 'Nuff said about that.
1f60e.png

Instead of a soap this morning, I decided to mix things up a bit and went with a shaving cream. I don't use shaving creams often, but I do enjoy them, and this La Toja is most excellent. I totally dig the scent of La Toja, but the shaving stick and the regular shaving cream tend to not agree with my ole mug; however, this sensitive skin version is perfect for me, and it still retains the same clean, fresh scent of La Toja.

Finished up with the La Toja aftershave spash, which fortunately, agrees with my ole mug also. This is definitely one of the best splashes around. It's totally "glug-worthy" (a nod to Don's coinage), especially during summertime. Awesome! A perfect start to the day.

Tuesday's shave:

One word:

"IN...JEC...TOR"!

Yessiree! 2-passes for a totally irritation-free, fantastic DFS result. 'Nuff said about that.
1f60e.png

Instead of a soap this morning, I decided to mix things up a bit and went with a shaving cream. I don't use shaving creams often, but I do enjoy them, and this La Toja is most excellent. I totally dig the scent of La Toja, but the shaving stick and the regular shaving cream tend to not agree with my ole mug; however, this sensitive skin version is perfect for me, and it still retains the same clean, fresh scent of La Toja.

Finished up with the La Toja aftershave spash, which fortunately, agrees with my ole mug also. This is definitely one of the best splashes around. It's totally "glug-worthy" (a nod to Don's coinage), especially during summertime. Awesome! A perfect start to the day.

Excellent shave today Chris! I haven't used a cream in quite some time. But I plan to use some that TJ gave me after I finish up a couple of reviews. Thanks for taking a full on "glug" or two of the aftershave!

Love La Toja! I use their shave stick as my go-to travel soap.

Is the AS the same scent as the soap?

Excellent shave today Chris! I haven't used a cream in quite some time. But I plan to use some that TJ gave me after I finish up a couple of reviews. Thanks for taking a full on "glug" or two of the aftershave!

Thanks, Don...Which shaving cream did TJ give you?....And thanks for coining the term, "glug"! I've always been the same way with a/s splashes. If it isn't running down your arms, then you didn't use enough!

Nice shave Chris. I too haven't used a cream in ages. Have a new tube of Bigelow's around I should use.

Thanks, Dave. And Bigelow's is good stuff - especially during this hot weather.

Chris really enjoyed the read!

Thanks, Chad. Hope the travels become less eventful.

Nice shave. Good call on the cream. Also, 'Jectah FTW.

Thanks, Doug.

Love La Toja! I use their shave stick as my go-to travel soap.

Is the AS the same scent as the soap?

Roger that, Chris. And yes, I think the a/s scent is the same as the soap.

Great stuff Chris! La Toja is some good stuff!

Thanks, Josh. And roger that!

Wednesday's shave:

Okie Dokie, a quick entry due to the fact that I've got to head to work in a few.

Here was the set up:

The ShaverJoe w/Game Changer synthetic whipped up an outstanding lather for the U.S. Aristocrat (W1) w/Persona Red. Two passes and some cleanup and I'm out the door with an excellent DFS(+); actually, I'm going to call it BBS(-); yep, that's what I'm going to call it.
1f60e.png

The Sir Irisch Moos served me well today. Magnificent!

I'll be reading everyone's posts, but I may be reticent on commenting on each one. But I'll get caught up eventually.

LOVE the MOOS!!! I almost brought my stick with me, but I didn't want to run the risk of a TSA agent saying it wasn't allowed. One time I had a TSA agent make me throw away an Arko shave stick. Then I made the mistake of buying another one.

Nice shaves and pics.

I hadn't used a cream in years until my son gifted me a tub of AoS lemon cream for Father's day. As you may know, I've been using it once a week (every Sunday morning) since.

I still much prefer soaps, though, and when this cream is gone, it will not be replaced.

Nice shaves and pics.

I hadn't used a cream in years until my son gifted me a tub of AoS lemon cream for Father's day. As you may know, I've been using it once a week (every Sunday morning) since.

I still much prefer soaps, though, and when this cream is gone, it will not be replaced.

If you were going to replace it AoS makes the best cream on the market in my opinion. Followed by Stone Cottage and Proraso Single Blade line

....One time I had a TSA agent make me throw away an Arko shave stick. Then I made the mistake of buying another one.

Hilarious, Chad! One of the funniest lines I've heard!!

TOBS Lemon and Lime.

Roger that.

Nice shaves and pics.

Thanks, Randall. And roger that.

If you were going to replace it AoS makes the best cream on the market in my opinion....

I can't argue with that. As a matter of fact, I need to replenish my AoS Sandalwood cream.

Back