The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Sorry you have to work through the holiday. I hope you get to enjoy a little.

Great shave; I currently favor the 2 open blade passes and 1 DE pass shave myself!

Nice shave today Chris...again, I can't fault anything in the set up....CRC is just top, TOP stuff

Great shave and picture Chris!
That Easy Aces is a great looker!

Sorry you have to work through the weekend. Great shave and pic.

Great shave and picture. Too bad you have to work this weekend. I will eat some extra ribs in your honor.

Nice shine on that blade. Nice pic

Thanks, Gents!

Memorial Day Road Shave:

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend; meanwhile, I’m on the road. Currently, laying over in Burlington, VT and just shaved using a new soap....

Right before I left town, I received a generous PIF from Chris L. Included was one of his latest shaving soaps, his CBL Rose Oud. I brought it with me for the trip.

In a word: MAGNIFICENT!!!

Hey Chris. Getting caught up. Sorry so late but I would rate the Beehive Lime Margarita at a 4/5 on scent strength.

Just got caught up, Chris. Envious of the Easy Aces blade. Looks beautiful!

Hoping you get a chance to try the Mint Mint from Soapy Science soon.

That sounds magnificent.

Isn't that french for magnifique?

1f60e.png

Peppermint Shave Soap...

Catching up Chris, some great stuff here!
ROTFLMAO!

Great shave.
Thanks, Doug.

Hey Chris. Getting caught up. Sorry so late but I would rate the Beehive Lime Margarita at a 4/5 on scent strength.
4/5? Awesome. I may just have to order some!

Just got caught up, Chris. Envious of the Easy Aces blade. Looks beautiful!

Hoping you get a chance to try the Mint Mint from Soapy Science soon.
Thanks, Randall. The Mint Mint just arrived.

All caught up on some tremendous shaves, Chris! Some great reads in there, my friend.
Thanks, Jim!

SR Shave #595:

I hope that everyone had a safe Memorial Day weekend. Back in town, and I had a nice mail call awaiting me, which I'll mention later on.

But first, let me speak some more about CBL's "Rose Oud" shaving soap, which I used twice on the road, and again this morning.

As I stated the other day, it's magnificent. The scent is so awesome that I really can't convey how much I dig it. It's not just a single note rose bud scent, but more "deep", if that makes any sense. There's no "greenery" (stems and leaves), which I'm glad of, as I like the rose scent without the greenery. I can't discern the oud, but I suspect that's what is making the rose scent "deeper". The scent is about a 3/5 on the SOS scale, and it lasts throughout the lathering, shave, and post. Yep, I said "post". This is one of the surprisingly pleasant aspects of this soap in that it lingers for quite a while post shave. Because of that, I didn't use any aftershave splash, but rather only Sampson's unscented balm; it "sealed in" that lingering rose scent and was quite pleasant. Performance goes without saying - "elite" status, all the way.

To sum up, this is now my favorite CBL soap, no question about it, and indeed, one of the best rose scented soaps I've ever used. I could easily 3017 this one, it's that good! Many thanks, Chris L, for this wonderful soap!

The shave this morning, was actually a "cadre contributed" shave, to a large degree....

The soap, of course, was from CBL. The razor scales and brush were made by Eric. The strop used was the kangaroo strop made by Derek. And I did a "maintenance" edge refresh on the Torrey 1/4 hollow with the surgical black Ark that Dave re-worked for me. This all worked together for a most excellent shave today!

Now, the mail call. I had three packages waiting for me. One was the black Ark from Dan's Whetstone that they exchanged for me. I hope to get to work on the prep this week sometime; it's got no flaws that I can detect. Great customer service. The other two packages were two new soaps: Soapy Science "Mint Mint"; and Cold River Soap Works "Glide" version, "Morning Ghost". I've test lathered both, and the scents of both are most excellent. I'll use them for the next two shaves.

I hope to get caught up with everyone soon.

Fantastic sounding shave and mail call!

Love the seal on the CBL, it’s a great touch!

My job is done! a year or so ago I set out to make the perfect rose scented soap for CMH737 and i have done it. I am thrilled you enjoy it so much.

...now to figure out that russian tea.

Great shave Chris. The Rose Oud sounds like a fantastic scent, and CBL soaps are serious performers.

Back