The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Grape and peppermint never would've thought that would work. But I will take your word for it! Nice read.
Oh it works; most definitely.

Excellent thoughts. Hmm...mint mint you say. I wonder how it compares to Sudsy Soapery Twice Mint. Maybe we can have a Sudsy shave off!
The Twice Mint is one Sudsy Soapery that I haven't tried, so I wouldn't know how it compares. You should proceed with the shave off project!

Great shaves. That Revisor is a beautiful blade. I am jealous of all the great soaps.
Thanks, Don.

Great stuff Chris. I was ridiculously close to pulling the trigger on some Dunhill Icon last week.
You should have, Eric. It's dynamite juice!

Awesome shave, Chris, but I CANNOT get interested in another new soap!!!

Oh yes...yes you can

um.... Yes you can. LOL

Exactly!
1f60e.png

SR Shave #597:

Gentleman, I have now found the single greatest vetiver scented soap to date; this one:

Great day in the morning, is this ever an awesome vetiver scented soap! My goodness....I....TOTALLY....DIG....THIS....SOAP!

If you are a vetiver fan, as I am, the scent of this new CRSW is off-the-charts-awesome! It's a rock solid 4/5 on the SOS scale that lingers throughout the shave and even post, and is just flat out incredible. Thankfully, it's not too smokey, but rather it's got just a hint of smokiness (which I'm grateful for); definitely not the "sitting-next-to-a-campfire" thing like Haitian Vetiver has. And it's got other stuff going on with this that rounds the scent out like no other vetiver soap I've tried yet. Marvelous!

Performance-wise, after just one use, I can already say "elite" status. On Chad's scale, this gets a Tier 1/Box 1 (Edit: I just saw that Chad changed his rating scale, so on his new scale, it's "Elite/Box1"). It's uber slick, offers excellent protection, has nice residual slickness, and the post shave moisturing is outstanding. Finally, I have found a CRSW soap version that works well for me. I've tried every iteration they've offered, with the exception of the Olivia line, and up till now, have found them somewhat lacking in the performance category for me. But this new "Glide" is dynamite!

The razor of choice today was the CVH MK7. This is the second shave I've had since Derek's JNAT edge. It's got an excellent edge, and just two passes later, I was left with an excellent DFS; no complaints at all.

The brush was the Rudy Vey w/Shavemac DO1, 2-band silvertip flat top. I highly recommend this knot. The flat top with this grade of badger is fantastic. It's definitely one of my favorite brushes!

Finished off with some Sampson's unscented balm, to seal in the soap's lingering awesomeness; then Guerlain Vetiver EdT - what an excellent start to the day!

And I'm working on getting caught up with everyone.

I love me some Vetiver. I will need to grab that one for sure. Sorry for the change up on the scale. But the old tier 1 box 1 was always referred to as elite. So I figured a slight adjustment would better allow that.

I love me some Vetiver. I will need to grab that one for sure. Sorry for the change up on the scale. But the old tier 1 box 1 was always referred to as elite. So I figured a slight adjustment would better allow that.
If you like vetiver, then this one is a "must buy". I feel confident in recommending this as a blind purchase. And the new rating scale works for me.
1f60e.png

Good stuff Chris!

Sounds like a killer soap for you!
Thanks, Chris. I definitely dig it. I may have to use it again tomorrow.

Sounds like the Glide line of soaps from CRSW is one I'll have to pick up. Not sure if it'll be in this scent as I'm not a huge vetiver fan, but I'm sure they have others that would pique my interest! Great read Chris!

You know I like the Vetiver, I'll check this out. I honestly thought CRSW was gone, don't remember why i thought that but I did.

Now the bigger question - what vetiver EdT does it match closest too? I think that would gauge the scent a bit more. Very cool that CRSW has upped their game even more.

Sounds like the Glide line of soaps from CRSW is one I'll have to pick up. Not sure if it'll be in this scent as I'm not a huge vetiver fan, but I'm sure they have others that would pique my interest! Great read Chris!
I'm sure that there is a "Glide" scent that will be up your alley. I just ordered the "Mediterranean Colonia", so will let you know how that one is when I get it.

You know I like the Vetiver, I'll check this out. I honestly thought CRSW was gone, don't remember why i thought that but I did.
Funny you mention thinking they were gone, as I thought that as well. But they're still kickin', and definitely good stuff.

Now the bigger question - what vetiver EdT does it match closest too? I think that would gauge the scent a bit more. Very cool that CRSW has upped their game even more.
No question that it pairs best with Guerlain Vetiver! I also have Tom Ford Grey Vetiver and when I did a sniff comparison, the Tom Ford just wasn't quite right with it.

Great shave.

The soap sounds awesome.
Thanks, Doug. It's awesome indeed.

Crap...now I have to ditch the Select and get a tub of Glide
I don't think you'd be disappointed!

I'm sure that there is a "Glide" scent that will be up your alley. I just ordered the "Mediterranean Colonia", so will let you know how that one is when I get it.

That's the one I was eyeballing, but I think they use UPS or FedEX for a delivery service, as APO is not an option for delivery. Not too worried about it however. Plenty of other soaps in the ocean!

Great shave and read, Chris. Time to add yet another soap to The List lol. If I won the lottery I might be able to clear it, but since I don't play the lottery it looks like it will be a work in progress for the next few decades.

That's the one I was eyeballing, but I think they use UPS or FedEX for a delivery service, as APO is not an option for delivery. Not too worried about it however. Plenty of other soaps in the ocean!
No APO delivery? That’s a bummer for sure.

Great shave and read, Chris. Time to add yet another soap to The List lol. If I won the lottery I might be able to clear it, but since I don't play the lottery it looks like it will be a work in progress for the next few decades.
Thanks, Eric. And I don’t play the lottery either - so I don’t think I’ll ever be able to retire.

Saturday’s shave:

I decided to go with a DE this morning, since I got called to work today, so the British Aristocrat #16 got the nod. What a perfect razor! Just two passes and some cleanup for BBS(-).

And I used the CRSW vetiver soap again; my goodness it’s awesome.

Finished up with Fine Clean Vetiver a/s, then Guerlain Vetiver EdT. Excellent!

No pic today as I was in a hurry, plus a nearby lightning strike fried our internet router. Hopefully will be up and running by Monday at the latest. Meanwhile, I’m having to gut it out with the iPhone.

Back