The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Oh boy Chris I fell a bit behind. All caught up now, and glad the Beehive is still working for you.

Great read, shave, and picture Chris!

I can attest to Chris L. edges also. He does put an edge on a piece of steel!

Oh boy Chris I fell a bit behind. All caught up now, and glad the Beehive is still working for you.
Thanks, Chad. I definitely appreciate the Beehive!

That Dorko is a sweet razor.

Great Stuff Chris, nice photo as well

That sounds like a wonderful Sandalwood!

Great read, shave, and picture Chris!

I can attest to Chris L. edges also. He does put an edge on a piece of steel!

Wonderful shave. Love the look of that razor.

Thanks, Gents!

Thursday's shave:

Yesterday's Beehive soap was so nice, that I decided to go with another Beehive soap this morning. This is a sample that Chad sent last year that, IIRC, was one of a couple of test scents. Unfortunately for me, this one was not chosen for production. It's a shame, because the peppermint scent is dynamite!

The razor of choice today was........

"IN...JEC...TOR"! 'Nuff said.

Finished up with some Speick aftershave, and then Creed GIT EdP.

A good start to the day, and one that my daughter has been looking forward to - it's her last day of 2nd grade, and she's ready for summer break.

You keep the "jector chant up and one day I'll finally get around to trying one!

Wonderful stuff Chris. And I have heard rumor that the Peppermint could get a seasonal release.

That peppermint really is a great scent. I have it on the top of the sample pile waiting for me to grab.

Good shave Chris.

Any info on why the soap didn’t make the final cut?
Thanks, Chris. I don't recall exactly; I'm sure Chad knows. Seems that there were a couple of different tester scents and folks voted on which one they liked best.

You keep the "jector chant up and one day I'll finally get around to trying one!

You should definitely try one! But remember to keep the flat part practically flush with your mug - don't angle it like a DE.

Great shave, Chris. 'Jectah FTW.
Thanks, Doug.

Wonderful stuff Chris. And I have heard rumor that the Peppermint could get a seasonal release.
You have my full attention, Sir!

That peppermint really is a great scent. I have it on the top of the sample pile waiting for me to grab.
I definitely dig it. I'm looking forward to seeing how my inbound Soapy Science peppermint scent stacks up against the Beehive.

Don't do it! It's a trick!
1f60b.png

No tricks. Just great shaves.

With all this talk about Peppermint, I might have to pull out one of my tubs of BlueBell Peppermint for a couple of shaves.

Good shave Chris.

Any info on why the soap didn’t make the final cut?

Shave soaps is not her primary business. She has been entering the market slowly, and wanted to introduce a 4th scent, so had two different scents, the peppermint and the Lime Margarita. Lime Margarita won. And i'll be honest her lime is the BEST scent wise and performance wise that I have used. It is so GOOD!

Back