The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Saturday's shave:

About to head out for work, but here is the shave for the final day of the soap/cream alphabet theme. For the letter, "Z", my soap choice was none other than.....

Stirling Piacenza

My goodness, how I dig the scent of this soap! And I totally dig the fragrance that inspired it. I'm talking about Acqua di Parma Colonia, of course. It is a classic for good reason; and indeed, should be a part of every gent's collection. Love it, love it, love it! Perhaps the single greatest summer fragrance of all time - at least since 1916! Yes, this cologne was launched back in 1916, and is still as relevant now as it was then. This concentration is a "cologne", so it is light on the skin, and doesn't have a great deal of longevity - on skin. However.....when this was first released, it was not intended to be a skin scent, but rather sprayed on a gent's handkerchief. So, with that in mind, if you want this scent to last, after you've given yourself at least 5 pings, then, give a couple of chest pings to the outside of your undershirt - not too close, but close enough. You'll be walking tall and diggin' life.

Back to Stirling's Piacenza for a moment......The scent of this soap is downright phenomenal. It really does capture the scent of AdP Colonia - nails it, actually. This soap is a must-have-forever in my den, especially in the summer. This is definitely one of my favorite Stirling soaps, and indeed, one of my favorite soaps - period. Or, I should say - exclamation point! :cool:

What a shave today! Simply awesome.

Now it's time to go battle a hurricane.

XAtNzfY.jpg

Merkur Progress w/Persona Red//Tuxedo synthetic//Stirling Piacenza//Fine Snake Bite + Witch Hazel//Sampson's unscented balm//AdP Colonia

Monday's shave:

I had a slight change to my work schedule, so I ended up home last night; but about to head out to finish the trip.

Today seemed like a "grapefruit" kind of day, so I went with a TOBS Grapefruit and Lalique Encre Noire Sport EdT combo. Oh yeah! Totally diggin' it! I've finally come around to liking grapefruit as a scent in shaving soaps/creams. And this TOBS is a nice one. It has a natural smell to me, but is the tart, white grapefruit you'd get in a grocery store scent vice a sweet-just-picked-off-the-tree type of scent. Not a bad thing, just a difference. And the Encre Noire Sport opens with a blast of grapefruit before the "inky", "mysterious", totally unique vetiver scent emerges. This is a nice fragrance for the summer.

EXIKSMz.jpg

Edwin Jagger w/PermaSharp//SynBad synthetic//TOBS Grapefruit//Sampson's unscented balm//Lalique Encre Noire Sport EdT

Wednesday's shave:

Late entry, but this was the set-up earlier today:

v2yOAS9.jpg

The Merkur Progress w/Persona Red provided an excellent shave with the use of MdC Agrumes soap that was whipped up by a ShaverJoe w/Ubersoft synthetic brush. The Agrumes scent, as I've said many times, is, IMHO, the single greatest lemon scented soap/cream that I've ever come across. I totally dig it!

Finished up with some Sampson's unscented balm, and then Creed Imperial EdP. A mighty fine summery shave.

Why do I envision your shave pictures being more sophisticated than you in reality Chris ? I mean, they'd have to be, they're so good.
I know we would like videos from everyone because it's cool to place a personality and face with people. But with Chris I want to hear his pilot voice. "Uhhhh, welcome to my shave we're happy to have you with us today, uhhhhhh, today we'll be using the Merkur, uhh Progress with, uhhhhhh...."

I know we would like videos from everyone because it's cool to place a personality and face with people. But with Chris I want to hear his pilot voice. "Uhhhh, welcome to my shave we're happy to have you with us today, uhhhhhh, today we'll be using the Merkur, uhh Progress with, uhhhhhh...."

“Please keep all blades locked in their properly angled positions as we come in for the razor touch down. You might feel some slight turbulence as we make dermal contact, not to worry though, we’ll get you to your BBS Air Station terminal on time.”

Back