The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

SR Shave #667:

In keeping with the "citrus" soap/cream theme of the week, I opted for my A#1 favorite summer soap...................Stirling Iced Pineapple!!! Yes, yes, and YES! Awesome!!!

pIkGv9c.jpg

Well Chris all caught up. Sorry I fell so far behind.

Looks like i'll have a two hour layover in ATL in September. When it gets closer if you happen to be at the airport we should grab lunch.

Friday's shave:

Finally getting a chance to post today's shave. Oy! Trying to keep up with a 9 year old all day during the summer has plum tuckered me out! But it's great, and I love it! 😊

So the shave......Well, I had to deviate from the citrus soap/cream theme of the week for a day due to a mail call item that I had to use. I have now completed my Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT collection of all editions with a massive 240ml bottle of the 1st edition that arrived yesterday. I had to put it into the rotation today. My goodness, how I dig Paco Rabanne Pour Homme!

R1ky87E.jpg

Had a marvelous shave with the MdC Fougere, British Aristocrat #16 (w/Persona Red), and the Rudy Vey Shavemac Finest. Capping everything off with this bottle from 1982 made everything, to quote Tim @MilkCrate , "right as rain"! :cool:

Awesome and a legitimate reason for theme deviation. Glad ya found the final piece to the puzzle...........................masterpiece !

Chris...you have some seriously luxurious shaves! Doesn't matter what you are using...boar/badger...MdC/Mikes...straight or Super Speed...your shaves just seem like the next one is better than before! Damn...you can make Arko seem like a fancy shave!

Sounds like a great shave. And folks sniffing wondering “familiar, I think”
Thanks, Rich. :cool:
Awesome! Congrats on completing the collection!
Awesome and a legitimate reason for theme deviation. Glad ya found the final piece to the puzzle...........................masterpiece !
Thanks, Tim and Dave.
Chris...you have some seriously luxurious shaves! Doesn't matter what you are using...boar/badger...MdC/Mikes...straight or Super Speed...your shaves just seem like the next one is better than before! Damn...you can make Arko seem like a fancy shave!
Thanks for the kind words, Don. But I draw the line with Arko. There shall be no shaves/pics of Arko nor the Veg! 😜

Saturday's shave:

A summery set-up for the summer day.

I went back to the citrus soap/cream theme of the week this morning and chose to use Mike's Natural Soaps, "Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper". My goodness, I dig this soap! Totally elite status for me with the water at my house.

The Thater 2-band whipped up an uber slick lather for the Merkur Progress to work with. Man oh man, this brush has really catapulted to be one of my favorite brushes. It's got it all: dense, with excellent backbone, and incredibly soft tips. This brush is DEFINITELY better than any Simpson brush I've ever had; even better than the CH2 "best" or "super". Matter of fact, I'm done with Simpson brushes - but that's for a different conversation......

Post shave was a re-lather, cold water rinse, Kiehl's aftershave balm, with a touch of Sampson's unscented balm. Then finished up with Dior Fahrenheit "Cologne". This is the latest flanker to the original Fahrenheit EdT. I like this "cologne" version for hot weather, but it's quite light. You can douse yourself with it and it not be too much. It has a very refreshing citrus burst, yet still has a soft original Fahrenheit note lingering in the background. It's quite nice! Just wish it were stronger. The other Fahrenheit flanker that I really like, even more so, is "Aqua Fahrenheit". Sadly, it's no longer made, and I only have a sample, but it's even better than the "Cologne", for me that is. I may end up getting a bottle of the Aqua one day.

Hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable weekend!

KOM3LSl.jpg

Sunday's shave:

Finishing up the Citrus soap/cream theme of the week with the Colonel.....

jrdFdR4.jpg

Yepper, Col. Conk "Lime". And yes, this is good soap! As a matter of fact, I'd rank this, on Chad's scale, as Tier 1, Box 3. It's really got excellent slickness. And believe it or not, it doesn't dry out my ole mug either. I think the reason that folks give the Colonel a bad rap might be due to the fact that this was among the first soaps used by us when we first started out on this crazy hobby of ours and we didn't know how to properly lather soap yet. But make no mistake, this is good, quality soap, and dirt cheap! Also, I totally dig the scent of this lime. Does it smell like an actual lime? Well, no; but it does smell like a lime Jolly Rancher candy, and I'm all about that! So this soap brings a smile to my face, and it gave a great shave.

Post shave was a few "glugs" of vintage Avon Island Lime aftershave - the greatest lime scented aftershave EVER! Then finished off with Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012). Yes! Feeling good and walkin' tall!

Monday's shave:

Man oh man - what a long day. It's tough keepin' up with a 9 year old! :cool:

Finally getting a chance to post this morning's shave. Here was the set-up:

2HJhFFY.jpg

Merkur Progress w/Persona Red//Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-band silvertip//Mickey Lee "The Kraken"//Barbasol Pacific Rush//Bleu de Chanel EdP

Had a wonderful, "summery" shave with this gear. I totally dig "The Kraken" soap - love it! The scent is fresh, clean, and uplifting. And the performance is elite status all the way for me. Honestly, if this were the only soap available to me for the summer, I'd be OK with that. It's dynamite!

Back