The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

I can't compare hot dogs, but I know the Red Sox do like playing in Dodger Stadium. ;)

Well played, sir!

Haven’t been to a baseball game in many years. What fun!

You should go! BTW, any minor league parks nearer to you?

The food on the club level of AT&T park is good stuff. I’m sure your kids will love it. ;)
The wallet sure won’t!

Actually, the concession prices weren't all that bad.....for ballparks, that is. And definitely not as expensive as some other places - like Minneapolis!

Minor league baseball is what we get heer. They serve a pretty darn good hotdog too! Hoping to get to a few games this year. We love going to the park.

"Came for the hot dog. Stayed because I didn't want it to look like I came for the hot dog"

We have a minor league team about an hour and a half from us. The boss has taken the school kids she teaches to a few games as field trip rewards for doing well throughout the year. I have yet to make a game but hopefully that will change soon.

We have a minor league team about an hour and a half from us. The boss has taken the school kids she teaches to a few games as field trip rewards for doing well throughout the year. I have yet to make a game but hopefully that will change soon.
Well, maybe you need to work on your behavior and you'll get a reward too.

Minor league baseball is what we get heer. They serve a pretty darn good hotdog too! Hoping to get to a few games this year. We love going to the park.
(y)
"Came for the hot dog. Stayed because I didn't want it to look like I came for the hot dog"
:cool:
(y)

Tuesday's shave:

It's starting to get hot here in the ATL - good grief! So, what soap to use? No question about it.........Stirling's "Iced Pineapple"! My goodness, what a soap. You all know how much I dig it. Awesome! The Rudy Vey Shavemac Finest whipped up an excellent lather, and the Merkur Progress (w/Persona Red) gave a perfect shave. Post shave was Fine Snakebite, then Sampson's Unscented Balm.

Finished off with a sample of Nishane Hacivat Extrait de Parfum. This is some seriously good juice. Is it FBW? I would say yes if I didn't already have Creed Aventus. The Hacivat is not a clone, but it does have the prominent pineapple note. It opens with a juicy burst of pineapple, and several hours later in the dry down, it goes in a woody direction, but still has the pineapple in the mix. And it's got some serious longevity. It doesn't project in a beast mode manner, but it's definitely noticeable in a "personal scent bubble" kind of way for several hours - I'm at almost 7 hours now. Aventus also opens with pineapple, but has the smokey component with it. I would get the Hacivat, and still might one day, but my goodness it's pricey - even more expensive that Creed, so for me, I don't think it necessary to have both......unless I start selling more stuff to pay for it. :cool:

oSYpKDb.jpg

More expensive than Creed?! 😵

Sure sounds nice though!
The Nashane is only available in a 50ml bottle, but it's strong enough that only 1 spray is good enough, 2 max. So perhaps it's equivalent to a 100ml bottle of Creed. So with that taken into account, the price is comparable to a Creed I suppose.

Wednesday's shave:

Excellent, absolutely excellent start to the day. I'm glad that the I still have a puck of the original Haslinger Schafmilch, because it totally works for me in all areas. The Rudy Vey Shavemac DO1, 2-band flat top whipped up an uber-slick lather, and the Merkur w/Gillette Silver Blue, provided an effortless shave. Immediate post shave was some Fine Snake Bite + Thayer's Witch Hazel, then Sampson's unscented balm. Finished off with Dior Homme Eau for Men EdT. Yepper, an excellent start to the day!

xvYK4rG.jpg

Thursday's shave:

It felt like a "Brut" kind of day, so here was the set-up:

HOFLNPZ.jpg

Awesome! Mama Bear's "Brute" is a nice representation of the Brut fragrance and is a solid performer. I think that glycerin soaps get a bad rap, because this and Col Conk work great for me. Post shave was the Brut aftershave, and finished off with vintage Brut EdC. Ah yes! A great Brut day!

Back