The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Friday's shave:

A great shave to start the weekend! I'm planning to go up to Cincinnati tomorrow to catch the Dodgers/Reds game. Cincinnati is one of four MLB team ballparks that I haven't seen a game yet. The remaining three will be: Toronto, Detroit, and Miami.

V2V68d9.jpg

Merkur 34c w/Nacet//Rudy Vey Shavemac Finest//Sir Irisch Moos//Sampson's Unscented Balm//Vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

That is awesome only 3 parks remaining. I seem to recall a few years back you had quite a few trips to Toronto? Or was that another city? Never could swing a trip to the park?

Old exhibition stadium in Toronto had so much more atmosphere than the SkyDome, even if you burned your butt on the aluminum seats in the summer.

That is awesome only 3 parks remaining. I seem to recall a few years back you had quite a few trips to Toronto? Or was that another city? Never could swing a trip to the park?
You remember well - yes, I'm in Toronto frequently. However, I've been unlucky every time in that there hasn't been a game when I'm there........yet.

Old exhibition stadium in Toronto had so much more atmosphere than the SkyDome, even if you burned your butt on the aluminum seats in the summer.

Roger that. Even though I haven't seen a Blue Jays game yet, I did see a Raptors/Lakers game in the dome several years ago. But domes, in general, don't have much atmosphere, IMO. I do like the ones that have the retractable roofs so there's an option. They are nice in the late summer in certain markets; Houston and Phoenix immediately come to mind.

Do you have a favorite ballpark?

Yes, I'd have to say my #1 favorite is Boston's Fenway. Here are my other favorites:

2. Chicago Cubs
3. Seattle Mariners
4. Colorado Rockies
5. Pittsburgh Pirates
6. San Francisco Giants
7. LA Dodgers
8. KC Royals

Roger that. Even though I haven't seen a Blue Jays game yet, I did see a Raptors/Lakers game in the dome several years ago. But domes, in general, don't have much atmosphere, IMO. I do like the ones that have the retractable roofs so there's an option. They are nice in the late summer in certain markets; Houston and Phoenix immediately come to mind.

Yes, I'd have to say my #1 favorite is Boston's Fenway. Here are my other favorites:

2. Chicago Cubs
3. Seattle Mariners
4. Colorado Rockies
5. Pittsburgh Pirates
6. San Francisco Giants
7. LA Dodgers
8. KC Royals
That is until you go to Detroit! Then you have to work on College Football Stadiums! Or NBA Arenas. Hockey? Minor League ball parks?

Great shave by the way!

That is until you go to Detroit! Then you have to work on College Football Stadiums! Or NBA Arenas. Hockey? Minor League ball parks?
Roger that. I was also on the quest for seeing a game in every NHL venue, but probably won't attain that one. Of the current 31 teams, I've only been to 13 thus far. And the best, by a wide margin, was when I went to a Leafs game in the old Maple Leaf Gardens.

2. Chicago Cubs
3. Seattle Mariners
4. Colorado Rockies
5. Pittsburgh Pirates
6. San Francisco Giants
7. LA Dodgers
8. KC Royals
That's quite a lineup. Fenway is the first major league ballpark I went to. PNC Park here is town is a great venue on a summer night.

It's now a supermarket. :cry:

Maple Leaf Gardens is now a supermarket???????

That's quite a lineup. Fenway is the first major league ballpark I went to. PNC Park here is town is a great venue on a summer night.

Cool....and PNC Park is downright nice, no doubt about it!

So if I have been to your top two I guess there is no need to see any others.

LOL, but not true. Fenway and Wrigley are cool because they're old and have character; but the new parks have better sight lines (unobstructive views) for the most part, better concessions usually, and definitely stuff for the kiddos. Oh, and BTW, speaking of concessions.....there is no argument, no question, no debate, no quibbling about which stadium has the best hotdog. Hands down, it's the "Dodger Dog" in Chavez Ravine. :cool:

Monday's shave:

Had a good time seeing the Dodgers/Reds game at the "Great American Ball Park" in Cincinnati. It's a beautiful and comfortable venue. I really liked it. I'll rank it 9th favorite on my list thus far.

As for the shave this morning, it was marvelous! My goodness, how I dig the Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur EdT! Absolutely, totally dig it!!

TPtuoYa.jpg

Merkur Progress w/Persona Red//Rudy Vey 2-band Manchurian//Tabac//Sampson's unscented balm//Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur EdT

Back