The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Wednesday's shave:

A great shave before heading out to work! What a set-up! I could use this soap and EdP everyday from now till the end of summer if I had to (and the brush, too!). Wow! This was it:

FEBAu0Z.jpg

Mickey Lee's, "The Kraken" is a perfect summer soap, IMHO. I had been sampling this for a while, and finally broke down and got a full tub. I've really come around to the "clean, soapy" scent profile of late, and this flat-out nails it! I've heard, I think Chad @Cvargo , say that it reminds them of fresh linens, or others say Tide laundry detergent (in a good way), and I can see that. I just call it clean, fresh, soapy, and it's downright invigorating. The performance, BTW, is "elite" status for me all the way - totally dig it!

The Rudy Vey w/Shavemac 2-band silvertip was marvelous today, as usual. I really could use this brush daily - it's just so awesome - it could be a "desert island" brush, for sure. It whipped up an incredible lather that made easy work for the Gillette Blue Tip Super Speed that Josh @Dagwoodz had PIF'd me a while back. And the Nacet blade continues to impress me. Immediate post shave was my usual Sampson's Unscented Balm.

Finished up with the Boucheron Pour Homme EdP. My goodness, what an excellent pairing with The Kraken!!! Now it's time to head out the door, and I'm feeling good!

Okay Chris you are beginning to hurt my wallet. IF that smells like Kraken I must get it!

Okay Chris you are beginning to hurt my wallet. IF that smells like Kraken I must get it!
It's very much like Kraken, but has a subtle floral, green, citrus opening added to it before settling to the soapy, clean scent. And it's not expensive on the fragrance discount sites, about $35 for the 100ml EdP.

It's very much like Kraken, but has a subtle floral, green, citrus opening added to it before settling to the soapy, clean scent. And it's not expensive on the fragrance discount sites, about $35 for the 100ml EdP.

THe trigger shall be pulled!

Back in town for Mother's Day. And I had a very nice late afternoon shave. We'll be heading to dinner at a very cool restaurant in a few, to celebrate. And I'm wearing the fragrance that my wife likes me to use best. She says that it's my "signature scent"; but I think it's just because I was wearing it for much of the time we were dating. I do still enjoy it, but only in the warmer months; I think I've "outgrown it" a bit and thus don't wear it as often as I used to. Plus, I like variety, and thus, a "signature scent" doesn't really apply to me anymore - at least IMHO.

xJxaRYs.jpg

Gillette British Aristocrat #16 w/Persona Red//TGN boar//Vitos Sapone Per Barba Extra Super//Sampon's Unscented Balm//Creed Imperial EdP

I like the idea of a signature scent. But alas variety is the spice of life. Hope the MOm's day celebrations went well.

Monday's shave:

Dinner last night was fantastic! We went to a Moroccan restaurant called, "The Imperial Fez", that's been in the ATL for many years. The food is fabulous, and the decor is unique. It was delicious and fun. And one of the last things they do for you at the table is to pour water over your hands that is infused with orange oil of some kind, and smells wonderful. It immediately reminded of the a soap and aftershave that I have and thus had to use it for today......this:

MBo3xvi.jpg

Even though the performance of this soap is only a high Tier 2 on Chad's scale, with the water at my house, the scent is absolutely marvelous, and I'll keep it around. And the Creed Imperial paired perfectly with it, so two days in a row with the same EdP! Awesome!!!

Back