The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Sunday September 6, 2020

Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: @Smattayu Sorrentino Orange Crush
Soap: Storybook Soapworks Hook
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Storybook Soapworks Hook
Fragrance: Mustang Performance

With the news that Storybook Soapworks is closing for good I pulled the only 1 I have left from them and a really nice scent. Unfortunately the soap seems to have lost the scent. No biggie as there isn't a ton left anyway. The aftershave gave me the scent I remembered it having. Nice smooth mindless shave. Traveling by zoom to speaking assignment at a Congregation in Mt. Vernon KY today. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200905_195427850.jpg

Sunday September 6, 2020

Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: @Smattayu Sorrentino Orange Crush
Soap: Storybook Soapworks Hook
Aftershave 2: Storybook Soapworks Hook
Fragrance: Mustang Performance

With the news that Storybook Soapworks is closing for good I pulled the only 1 I have left from them and a really nice scent. Unfortunately the soap seems to have lost the scent. No biggie as there isn't a ton left anyway. The aftershave gave me the scent I remembered it having. Nice smooth mindless shave. Traveling by zoom to speaking assignment at a Congregation in Mt. Vernon KY today. Have a great day Cadre !!!
View attachment 34638

Nice shave. I really like the looks of that brush. Have a great Sunday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did not know that bout Storybook Soapworks. Just went to the website to check out what's what. Looks like the soap maker is an ICU nurse (wish I would have known that earlier...bad on me) and is getting ready to start Grad School. While it is hard to see such an established member of the wet shaving world go away...I definitely understand that for most artisans, soap making is secondary to the rest of their lives. Very few have actually made it the primary function in life. I have a couple of soaps from SBSW and I really enjoy the formulation. I have no idea why I haven't shaved with them more.

Stay safe om the superhighway of information Dave...I hear it travels fast!

Wednesday September 16, 2020

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Brush: Wolf Whisker Black Wolf
Soap: T&S Sicily
Aftershave 2: T&S Sicily
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Opus 1870

You know how it is Chris. Post too much - accusations are made. Don't post as much or stop posting to take care of some things - accusations are made. Can't please some people. Decided to ignore the negatives here as they are doing the same and just move on. Great shave today ! Have a stupendous day Cadre !!
IMG_20200916_054740513.jpg

Last edited:
You know how it is Chris. Post too much - accusations are made. Don't post as much or stop posting to take care of some things - accusations are made. Can't please some people. Decided to ignore the negatives here as they are doing the same and just move on. Great shave today ! Have a stupendous day Cadre !!
Man who cares what others think! You do you Dave. For the record I have never accused you of anything...except for being a good man. And that's not an accusation...but a fact! My heart is with you and your family Dave.

Back