The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Dave! Great video and great thoughts! And to those who say "no one watches those videos," who really cares! You do you man! That's what I appreciate! I don't watch every video on this thread...but I watch some. And if you enjoy it...then that is all that matters.

I haven't used an A&E Soap in a while...and I love the St. Barts. It's still warm (okay it's damn hot)...so the scent is still appropriate.

You are a good man Charlie Brown...don't ever forget it!

Dave! Great video and great thoughts! And to those who say "no one watches those videos," who really cares! You do you man! That's what I appreciate! I don't watch every video on this thread...but I watch some. And if you enjoy it...then that is all that matters.

I haven't used an A&E Soap in a while...and I love the St. Barts. It's still warm (okay it's damn hot)...so the scent is still appropriate.

You are a good man Charlie Brown...don't ever forget it!
Thanks Don I am happy with finally getting this one in the den after considering it for like a year or more (y)

Well said Dave. Too many 8th grade mental midgets. Getting butt hurt. As Joe B. would say "C'mon Man!" Use what you like. The rest will sort itself out.
It wasn't until recently I had a sensitivity issue with a soap. Not sure what it was. Must have been something in that specific scent that caused it. As I have others from the same maker that are fine. I plan on getting Ethos in the future. Having tried and liked his "Success". Too many great soaps out there to try. Have some "Flak Bait" should be here tomorrow. Glad you are doing well. Thanks for the impending smell goods. You are the epitome of "Class".
Fluffy

Good vid!
Awesome video Dave!
Well said Dave. Too many 8th grade mental midgets. Getting butt hurt. As Joe B. would say "C'mon Man!" Use what you like. The rest will sort itself out.
It wasn't until recently I had a sensitivity issue with a soap. Not sure what it was. Must have been something in that specific scent that caused it. As I have others from the same maker that are fine. I plan on getting Ethos in the future. Having tried and liked his "Success". Too many great soaps out there to try. Have some "Flak Bait" should be here tomorrow. Glad you are doing well. Thanks for the impending smell goods. You are the epitome of "Class".
Fluffy
Thanks Guys

Wednesday Speicktember 2, 2020

Razor: Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (7)
Brush: @Graydog Quilt
Soap: Speick
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Speick
Fragrance: Tommy Bahama For Him EdC

Another use of the Lupo to confirm a great shaver and the best DE I have for a close shave but not as good as the Diamondback. A slight drag feeling at times. Going on the blocks next sale.......Have a Great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200902_062540973.jpg

I've been seeing so much Speick talk this year. I might just have to try some. Have a stupid great day, Dave!

Thursday September 3, 2020

Razor: Star Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna Gem (?)
Brush: @Graydog Cocobolo
Soap: @Dragonsbeard Ethos Succes
Aftershave 2: Ethos Succés SFS
Fragrance: Ethos Succés EdP

Used a piece of history again that always brings a smile to my face as it came from the generous Steve @Graydog and is a marvel of the time it was made. Not sure how many shaves on this blade now but it's heading to the bin. Had a great shave but the final ATG pass was rough feeling in a few spots. With the Ethos Skin Food Splash I feel no ill affects. Topped with he EdP and I'm ready for the day................................well, I'm going to go tackle it non the less. Have a swell day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200902_195741041.jpg

Last edited:
Thursday September 3, 2020

Razor: Star Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna Gem (?)
Brush: @Graydog Cocobolo
Soap: @Dragonsbeard Ethos Succes
Aftershave 2: Ethos Succés SFS
Fragrance: Ethos Succés EdP

Used a piece of history again that always brings a smile to my face as it came from the generous Steve @Graydog and is a marvel of the time it was made. Not sure how many shaves on this blade now but it's heading to the n. Had a great shave but the final ATG pass was rough feeling in a few spots. With the Ethos Skin Food Splash I feel no ill affects. Topped with he EdP and I'm ready for the day................................well, I'm going to go tackle it non the less. Have a swell day Cadre !!!
View attachment 34395
Dave do you have photos of that razor all by itself? I haven’t seen one of those so I’m curious.

Back