The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Tuesday August 25, 2020
Razor: Paradigm Diamondback
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Vesuvius Chief
Soap: Ethos Melange d'agrumes
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Ethos Melange d'agrumes Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Acqua Di Gio Profumo

Amazing Luxury shave today with a new to me @Dragonsbeard Ethos scent-----------Melange d'agrumes--------------OMG this is an amazing scent and strong enough for me even without using the extra aroma dropper to up it. Typical ELITE soap performance with a winning citrus scent. The shave with the Diamondback was extremely nice but I will reserve saying much until I get some more shaves with it. Video with initial thoughts is uploaded and in the VLOG section and below here. Have a Stellar Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200824_224131964.jpgIMG_20200824_224206533.jpg

Great video Dave! You've got me excited about the Melanges D', Agrumes which I have incoming. I hope you have a great day!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Have to queue the vid up later. Looks like a winning shave to start the day!
Thanks Tim, it was :cool:
Great video Dave! You've got me excited about the Melanges D', Agrumes which I have incoming. I hope you have a great day!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks Frank, you too and you'll LOVE it ! Walking into the bathroom just a bit ago and the scent is still filling the room.

Tuesday August 25, 2020

Amazing Luxury shave today with a new to me @Dragonsbeard Ethos scent-----------Melange d'agrumes--------------OMG this is an amazing scent and strong enough for me even without using the extra aroma dropper to up it. Typical ELITE soap performance with a winning citrus scent. The shave with the Diamondback was extremely nice but I will reserve saying much until I get some more shaves with it. Video with initial thoughts is uploaded and in the VLOG section and below here. Have a Stellar Day Cadre !!!
View attachment 33508View attachment 33509

Nice shave and video. Funny that you mentioned the unavailability of quality products, like the Diamondback. I often think the same exact thing! The Ethos products are exceptional. Have a great day Dave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tuesday August 25, 2020

View attachment 33508View attachment 33509
Good lookin' shave...

This Dave in Michigan sounds more Southern than that @Dave in KY ! LOL! He musta went and got edicated!
Born and raised near Philly in PA till I was 21. Married in 1986 in TN. 26 years in E. TN and now 8 years in KY. More time in the South than up North but the Northerners think I'm from here and people here think I'm from the North. I doesn't belong anywhere anymore 🤷‍♂️

Back