The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Thanks Chris. She's an amazing Baker and the cake decorating is great considering the rare occasions that she does any. Perfect for this occasion though. Thanks again
Sounds to me like guys named Dave are really blessed in the wife department!

Mine has been canning stewed tomatoes all week, for me to eat all winter in some of her world class cooking!

Sunday August 23, 2020
Razor: Schick G Injector
Blade: Chick (?)
Brush: TSC 2nd Anniversary
Soap: A & E NYC
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: A & E NYC
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne

Where has the month gone...................and summer for that matter. Wanted an A & E shave with the Jectah and so chose NYC. Great shave as always with the Injector and no idea how many shaves on this blade. I seem to always reach for the G Injector so should move the Hydromagic to the "dispense of" pile as I accumulate the victims of my recent and ongoing mentality of downsizing the den. I have a Paradigm Diamond Back on it's way to me on loan and am VERY excited to have an opportunity to try it out. I wonder as I await it if it could be the Vector of the DE razors for me. If so I may decide to keep the Vector and get a DB and let those be my sole modern razors in the den. I will no doubt use my Luxury soaps from @Marco SV Saponificio Varesino, Pana Creama Nuavia and @Dragonsbeard Ethos Soaps for the week as I use it and also the TSC Group Buy SV Brush by the end of the week if it arrives. Topped with Endymion and looking forward to a busy day. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200822_211540990.jpg

Great shave! I'm excited to hear you're going to be trying out the Diamondback! I hope it works as well for you as it does for me. And I'm very happy with the Zeus towel. Definitely a step up from the hand towel I had been using.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sunday August 23, 2020
Razor: Schick G Injector
Blade: Chick (?)
Brush: TSC 2nd Anniversary
Soap: A & E NYC
Aftershave 2: A & E NYC
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne

Where has the month gone...................and summer for that matter. Wanted an A & E shave with the Jectah and so chose NYC. Great shave as always with the Injector and no idea how many shaves on this blade. I seem to always reach for the G Injector so should move the Hydromagic to the "dispense of" pile as I accumulate the victims of my recent and ongoing mentality of downsizing the den. I have a Paradigm Diamond Back on it's way to me on loan and am VERY excited to have an opportunity to try it out. I wonder as I await it if it could be the Vector of the DE razors for me. If so I may decide to keep the Vector and get a DB and let those be my sole modern razors in the den. I will no doubt use my Luxury soaps from @Marco SV Saponificio Varesino, Pana Creama Nuavia and @Dragonsbeard Ethos Soaps for the week as I use it and also the TSC Group Buy SV Brush by the end of the week if it arrives. Topped with Endymion and looking forward to a busy day. Have a great day Cadre !!!
View attachment 33347
Great post Dave! I’m so jealous of your journal devotion! I’m bad at journals, I need to get back to mine!
I’m in that same boat, I only really use and enjoy a couple safety razors. I should really dispose of a few.... Straight razors, don’t get me started....

Nice shave Dave!
Thanks Pat
Great shave! I'm excited to hear you're going to be trying out the Diamondback! I hope it works as well for you as it does for me. And I'm very happy with the Zeus towel. Definitely a step up from the hand towel I had been using.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks Frank, I was considering thoseas I'm starting to do more pre-shave prep with a washcloth in hot water but want a towel to try heating it in the microwave but I think I'll use my TSC towel and see how that goes first. Yes I'm extremely excited that I even have a chance to try one out. Getting one for myself will probably be the challenge if I like it.
Great post Dave! I’m so jealous of your journal devotion! I’m bad at journals, I need to get back to mine!
I’m in that same boat, I only really use and enjoy a couple safety razors. I should really dispose of a few.... Straight razors, don’t get me started....
Thanks Matt, I'm trying to stay devoted to the journal but not sure how well I'll be able to in the future. also I've got way too many razors than I can ever shave with and keep waffling back and forth on whether to hold on to things or let them go. Tough decision

Good things ahead in Dave’s shave den! Cool that you get to try out the DB! Looking forward to seeing your thoughts.

Monday August 24, 2020
Razor: Bigelow Parkin Travel Razor
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: Rubberset 400 / Cashmere
Soap: BVLGARI Man in Black
Aftershave 2: Nivea Men Deep
Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence

Today's shave was to enjoy the scent. The soap is a good lathering soap on 2nd use. Much better lather than last time. Zero residual slickness and a little drying on the skin but aftershave products erased that and my skin feels smooth and refreshed. Took the B&P Travel razor (circa 1921-1934) for a spin. I love this simple little design and it gives a great efficient shave but will make you pay if you don't watch your technique. I was paying attention and was rewarded. It's going to be a long one for me....................Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200823_200830885.jpg

Last edited:
Back