The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

The NEW SC is, if I recall, a mainstay of the "rigidity wars" over at the other place. It does really clamp down the blade nicely. I prefer it to the LC because it has, to me, somewhat less of an assertive blade feel. I love both versions though, I just feel a little more comfortable with the SC. It feels less likely to bite. They're both great razors! Great shave, my friend!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks Frank. The only difference I feel at this point is the efficiency may be slightly better with the Long Comb. 👍

Good morning Dave, have you ever used the NEW DeLuxe or the RFB NEW ?
Now my head is swimming Steve.........I have a raised flat bottom I've used the two piece and own the three-piece version. if the RFB new is something else then I guess not as far as the new deluxe I have no idea I would need pictures end to know😂

Now my head is swimming Steve.........I have a raised flat bottom I've used the two piece and own the three-piece version. if the RFB new is something else then I guess not as far as the new deluxe I have no idea I would need pictures end to know😂
The RFB is a NEW , the head design is the same with just the raised bottom.

Saturday August 8, 2020
Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush
Soap: WK La Fougere Parfaite
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Brut Splash
Fragrance: Brut Cologne

Old School Themed shave with Brut inspired by our own WMRK guru @MarkB Video Posted. Have a Swell Day Cadre !!
IMG_20200807_210326115.jpg

Saturday August 8, 2020
Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush
Soap: WK La Fougere Parfaite
Aftershave 2: Brut Splash
Fragrance: Brut Cologne

Old School Themed shave with Brut inspired by our own WMRK guru @MarkB Video Posted. Have a Swell Day Cadre !!
View attachment 32017
:cool:

Sunday August 9, 2020
Razor: Krect Spiral Slant
Blade: Wizamet with a Shim (4)
Brush: Rubberset 400/Cashmere
Soap: Ethos/CBL Soaps Fresh Lime
Aftershave 2: Ethos/CBL Soaps Fresh Lime Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Aqva Amara

On recommendation of another Krect Owner I added a shim under the blade which widens the gap and also stiffens the hold when the blade is locked in. Smooth shave when you pay attention. There's NO WAY a straight could get a closer shave than this provides when operated as intended. As I sip some coffee and write this my face is still chilled form the some and splash. GREAT shave for sure. Hope all in the Cadre have a great Sunday !!
IMG_20200808_160145611.jpg

I find the cooling sensation from the Lime Splash is remarkably long lasting Congrats on having such a great shave!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I can't remember who it was yesterday. It might have been your journal talking about using this soap/splash today that put it into my head to use (y)

Back