The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

If it's anything like an RFB, the smoothness is out of this world, the short comb on the other hand.....let's see what you think tomorrow.

I think the short is a fun razor to use, but that's because danger is fun.

Friday August 7, 2020
Razor: Gillette New Short Comb
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Shavemac Ebonite 2 Band Silvertip
Soap: Zingari Man The Blacksmith
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Nivea Deep Comforting
Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence

So up today was the Gillette New Short Comb. To me it was just as smooth as the Long Comb which if the head geometry is the same, I would expect. The only difference was the feel of the shorter comb not being as present while shaving. Honestly at 1 shave on each would be hard pressed to pick one over the other. Both were smooth and efficient and winners for me. Going to take a couple more shaves with these before getting them all off to @Fenster Have a FUN Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200806_184229125.jpg

The NEW SC is, if I recall, a mainstay of the "rigidity wars" over at the other place. It does really clamp down the blade nicely. I prefer it to the LC because it has, to me, somewhat less of an assertive blade feel. I love both versions though, I just feel a little more comfortable with the SC. It feels less likely to bite. They're both great razors! Great shave, my friend!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back