The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I find myself becoming more and more intrigued and interested in trying Russian stuff. Hell, I've even been looking at old Soviet watches to restore for fun. I swear Karl Marx isn't my hero. I do, however, know how to say and spell water in Russian.

I joined the passaround on DFS so it'll be a few weeks before I try it out, but after talking to Frank about it I am pretty excited!
Yeah I used it there but were sold out by the time I decided to get one..... now I just don't know. They'll no doubt sell out in short order and then take 3 months to get here.....enjoy the pass 👍

Thursday August 6, 2020
Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Cadre Member Brush
Soap: CBL Club CBL
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Pierre Cardin

Set up chosen for the Old School Theme Shaves. The Vintage pass around razors came in yesterday. I was on and off the list as I've used or own nearly all the razors but kinda wanted to revisit one I owned in the past and sold. It was the New Short Comb. I can't remember why I decided to get rid of it but think it was because I was going to get a Long Comb since they are said to be smoother. I never did get one though. So timing worked out and I thought, jump back in on the pass and revisit the short comb as well as try the long comb. I chose to jump right to the long comb for my 1st shave and loaded a new Wizamet blade into it............................BIG MISTAKE...Not getting a long comb a loooonnnnngg time ago. This was smooth as the day is long and efficient for me too. This shave ranked way up there as I was chasing with it like never before which rewarded me with 2 little weepers (my fault) They sealed by shave end and I am glass smooth. Going to use this one some more but may try the short comb tomorrow. I will be looking for one of these "for sure and for certain" as the Amish would say. Maybe @Techichi will have one refinished in Nickel when I look (Hint hint Don) That's all for now. Have a Stellar Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200805_200318614.jpg

Back