The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Tuesday August 11, 2020
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Paladin Beehive LE Honey Noir
Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Winter Reserve Small Batch Face Tonic
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent

Had an amazingly good shave with the New to me Gillette New. Thanks @Aaron for the generous gift. It will be used as is and perhaps re-plated in the future. One last shave with the Beehive before it gets cleaned and on to the selling block. Just set a little deeper than I care for. I was tempted to re-knot it as it is a rare bird I really don't want to let go of and a limited piece of Paladin history but decided to leave it original for someone else to enjoy. Topped with the Small Batch which not only smells amazing but feels so good on the skin. Have a stupid fun day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200810_221004796.jpg

One last shave with the Beehive before it gets cleaned and on to the selling block.
Damn You Scuba Steve!!! Oh man...if this was another time and I hadn't just bought a brush...I would be hounding you for that one! I don't think it will be on the auction block for very long! That brush is quite the looker!.

And your Gillette New looks pretty good to me...not sure a re-plate is really in order. Great shave as always Dave!

Great setup and love the brush! I used the New LC again today as well. Mine will definitely get a replate at some point. Have a great day!

Ah that's why you're letting it go. Personally I love their deeper set, I'm sure someone will love that brush. If I had the wearwithall, I'd be all over it for sure.

Seeing that brush on the BST was a bit of a shock, didn't realize you didn't like how low the loft is.

Ah that's why you're letting it go. Personally I love their deeper set, I'm sure someone will love that brush. If I had the wearwithall, I'd be all over it for sure.

Seeing that brush on the BST was a bit of a shock, didn't realize you didn't like how low the loft is.
Thanks Cole and yep, just stiffer than I care for but so hesitant to sell I had to use it 1 more time to remind me why I don't normally grab it anymore. Also no longer have my CG Stinger bee handle razor of Honey Tobacco soap which led me to get it originally.

Tuesday August 11, 2020
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Paladin Beehive LE Honey Noir
Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Winter Reserve Small Batch Face Tonic
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent

Had an amazingly good shave with the New to me Gillette New. Thanks @Aaron for the generous gift. It will be used as is and perhaps re-plated in the future. One last shave with the Beehive before it gets cleaned and on to the selling block. Just set a little deeper than I care for. I was tempted to re-knot it as it is a rare bird I really don't want to let go of and a limited piece of Paladin history but decided to leave it original for someone else to enjoy. Topped with the Small Batch which not only smells amazing but feels so good on the skin. Have a stupid fun day Cadre !!!
View attachment 32266
Nice read Dave ... shouldn't have any trouble selling that brush she's a beauty.

Thanks Dean. Actually doesn't bother me one way or the other but with 30+ brushes I thought I'd start a half hearted attempt to reduce them.......🤣
By the way Dave used your boiling method to remove that knot from an old Surrey brush and it worked great, no issues whatsoever. A little sanding left to do now and it should be ready for a new hairdo 24mm timberwolf synth. Thanks for the tip good sir👍

Good Read Dave and GLWTS but it wont last a minute I bet, I would consider but Two brushes on the way already LOL

Back