The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Monday August 3, 2020
Razor: Jester
Blade: Trac II (1)
Brush: 1980 Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Arko
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Nautica Blue

Shave was for the Old School shave....................................I shaved. The Trac II is way better than the Gillette Guard razor but the sliminess of the lubrication strip is an annoyance. Shave took longer and was a good reminder why I left Mach III razor's in the dust 12+ years ago.....................Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200803_055403391.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool, old school shave! I know back in the day most people just wanted to shave and be done with it. But I wonder about the personality of someone who would buy that type of handle. They might have been fun to hang around.

Have a great day Dave!

Very cool, old school shave! I know back in the day most people just wanted to shave and be done with it. But I wonder about the personality of someone who would buy that type of handle. They might have been fun to hang around.

Have a great day Dave!
Thanks Tim at you too! If I'm not mistaken somebody still makes these as a novelty razor but I'm not positive. This one certainly must have had some age on it when I look at the packaging excetera. I'll have to check and see if there's a date on anyting.

I just noticed that while clothed that guy is still holding leaves in front of his bits because the clothing is so revealing. That poor guy needs a cod piece.

Monday August 3, 2020
Razor: Jester
Blade: Trac II (1)
Brush: 1980 Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Arko
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Nautica Blue

Shave was for the Old School shave....................................I shaved. The Trac II is way better than the Gillette Guard razor but the sliminess of the lubrication strip is an annoyance. Shave took longer and was a good reminder why I left Mach III razor's in the dust 12+ years ago.....................Have a great day Cadre !!
View attachment 31574
Very cool razor!

Back