The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Wednesday July 29, 2020
Razor: Schick "G" Injector
Blade: Schick Chick (?)
Brush: Stuart / Timberwolf Knot
Soap: @CBLSoap.com Ghost Banana
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Avon Blend 7
Fragrance: CK ONE

On to another cool shave with another CBL Ghost scent. Yummmmmmmmm.
tenor (2).gif
3p91z.jpg
The Stuart brush is a must use with this soap and the G Injector did it's typical MAUVELOUS job. KJ raves about the Blend 7 and I have been remiss in not using it yet as I forget about grabbing my Avon's and should more often. To my nose it is similar to Brut. Not exactly but reminds me of it enough that when I applied it, that was what came to mind first. Nice but my favorite Avon's are still Island Lime and Leather. Will top with CK ONE before getting to the days activities. Have a STUPID Fun day Cadre !! The ER's are open 🤪
IMG_20200728_135124483.jpg

I feel cheated you don't give us some pics of shave stuff in exotic places as you roll around.................
Hi Dave,

No rolling around this year as, metaphorically speaking, we are stuck in Lodi (again). To be specific, our rolling caravan never got started this year so we have been in Florida at our home base all year sweating our patooties off. My wife was organizing a rally (27 coaches) at Savannah for the St. Patrick's day parade and that got cancelled. We had also signed up for a trip beginning in July at Glacier Park, proceeding through Western Canada and ending up in Seattle. Sadly, the Canadian border was closed and the trip cancelled. Even travel within the States was problematic for a while with all the closures. So we have remained stuck at the starting gate. Perhaps next year for exotic pix. I have actually been thinking about that. We are considering a trip up through the Canadian Maritimes or maybe the Great River (Mississippi) Road.

Hi Dave,

No rolling around this year as, metaphorically speaking, we are stuck in Lodi (again). To be specific, our rolling caravan never got started this year so we have been in Florida at our home base all year sweating our patooties off. My wife was organizing a rally (27 coaches) at Savannah for the St. Patrick's day parade and that got cancelled. We had also signed up for a trip beginning in July at Glacier Park, proceeding through Western Canada and ending up in Seattle. Sadly, the Canadian border was closed and the trip cancelled. Even travel within the States was problematic for a while with all the closures. So we have remained stuck at the starting gate. Perhaps next year for exotic pix. I have actually been thinking about that. We are considering a trip up through the Canadian Maritimes or maybe the Great River (Mississippi) Road.
Be safe buddy. That's a rough place to ride things out. Future plans sound awesome 👍

Back