The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Tuesday July 7, 2020
Razor: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Shark SS (1)
Brush: SV 2.0 Zricote
Soap: CBL Premium California Sunrise
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance: Amouage Sunshine Man

I tried to get Sam @woodpusher to quit the madness and leave the island but to no avail................
BizarroIslandPsych.jpg
Well in reading the forum some before my shave I was reminded of the California Sunrise great scent and wondered if I had any of the Sunshine Man Frag left from the sample sent by Eric @Smattayu Yep, I did and so that was the shave and I was reminded of the great soap/scent and the AMAZING fragrance that inspired it. Yeah, I want this frag. Unfortunately I was reminded of how pricey it is..............................may have to get it though as I said before if I can work it out. The Shark was comfortable but not as smooth as I like so binned it after 1 shave. It was a single I had in a pile to sample. Exceptionally great shave. Taking the day off to rest from the long one yesterday as I ease back into the regular grind. Also need to make a repair to the propane buffer. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200707_072957569.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you should be congratulated on the 16 minutes of willpower you scrounged up!
I had it on my radar for when I had excess funds if you go back in my journal to the last time I used it. I had funds my wife and I each agreed on we could use for our anniversary for weeks now and I hadn't spent mine (see I do have restraint) The reminder of how good it is made it a no brainer as I sat here smelling it. I blame Eric @Smattayu and if he reads this I need your new address Eric to send a sample of something you asked me about if I can get it decanted to repay the enabling favor 😂

So the Lupo makes another appearance. It seems to me that I saw a werewolf drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect:

Tuesday July 7, 2020
Razor: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Shark SS (1)
Brush: SV 2.0 Zricote
Soap: CBL Premium California Sunrise
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance: Amouage Sunshine Man

I tried to get Sam @woodpusher to quit the madness and leave the island but to no avail................
View attachment 29176
Well in reading the forum some before my shave I was reminded of the California Sunrise great scent and wondered if I had any of the Sunshine Man Frag left from the sample sent by Eric @Smattayu Yep, I did and so that was the shave and I was reminded of the great soap/scent and the AMAZING fragrance that inspired it. Yeah, I want this frag. Unfortunately I was reminded of how pricey it is..............................may have to get it though as I said before if I can work it out. The Shark was comfortable but not as smooth as I like so binned it after 1 shave. It was a single I had in a pile to sample. Exceptionally great shave. Taking the day off to rest from the long one yesterday as I ease back into the regular grind. Also need to make a repair to the propane buffer. Have a great day Cadre !!!
View attachment 29174

Back