The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

You could definitely do worse than just sticking to the Feather and Weck for your straight razors. I also love that brush.

As far as the edge on the Boker. It is probably the case that the steel In that razor is optimum for the task. And is able to be polished to the finest/sharpest edge without problems.
From my reading and experience. Some razors don't benefit from the really high grit synthetic hones. My Sheffield's and other razors that don't like the Gok 20K all get finished on my Trans Arkie.
A DE comparison would be Feather vs. Voskhod.
And yes DE's are just plan easier and less hassle than straights. But more difficult to keep the cool factor high while using. :cool:

I’ve felt the same for a long time about my SRs. They don’t get use, but I haven’t gotten rid of them yet (they’re not as nice as yours though, I’d just about have to give mine away)...so they just sit there gathering dust...

"S" is for Savannah Sunrise
S
unday April 19, 2020
2020 Shave # 116 ( 531 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6SPlate 5
Blade: ASCO Orange (4)
Brush: @Graydog Quilt Twinsie
Soap: Savannah Sunrise
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Stirling Peach
Fragrance: Pierre Cardin

I LOVE this peach scent and the soap is a good soap base also. The Graydog Quilt Twinsie did a great job whipping lather and has held the knot thru shave 2 with it as well as the Cadre Coin so I'm hopeful. I had to look up the blade in past uses to see how many shaves on it for Tony @August West This was shave 4. The blade requires but also invites me to buff and go over spots chasing a dolphin smooth shave as it isn't as sharp as a Wizamet but it's just as smooth. I caught the whole school of dolphins with a grail shave and the dolphins said they like me better than @NurseDave 🤪 🤷‍♂️ Don't take it personal Dave, they were laughing and goofing around a lot...................hey they're Dolphins !!! Topped with Stirling Peach and PC ! Have a Stellar Sunday Cadre !!
IMG_20200419_064359077.jpg

Herd of dolphins just means smooth sailing ahead for the day! Is the soap just peach or is the peach accompanied with something?

"T" is for TRIUMPH
Monday April 20, 2020
2020 Shave # 117 ( 532 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Gillette Psycho Tech
Blade: SpuTnik (6)
Brush: Techichi The Hive
Soap: STirling TRIUMPH
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: STirling TRIUMPH
Fragrance: Pacco Rabanne InviTus

Video uploading, Have a Stellar day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200419_193327419.jpg

Back