The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

"R" is for Revolution

Saturday April 18, 2020
2020 Shave # 115 ( 530 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Boker 1056
Blade: N/A
Brush: Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip
Soap: A&E Revolution
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: A&E Revolution
Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence

So I decided to take the Boker back from it's Fuffy Treatment for a spin. Ken put his Shogun edge on the razor. I did 2 passes with the razor and will say it was the smoothest straight I've used in awhile, but that was always true for me with this razor. So I don't know if if it's the razor or the edge put on the razor. Thanks again @Maryland998 I did get 2 smooth and comfortable passes and was reminded of why this was always my favorite razor to shave with. I did while shaving come to the conclusion that I really see no reason to hold onto my vintage straights as I just am not happy with the results when compared to what I get with ease from de and se razors. Can't see them continuing to sit in a drawer or on a shelf. I also don't see the point in doing 2 passes with them only to have to clean up with a de razor on a 3rd pass just to have a close shave. I'll probably just sell all the straights and keep my Feather SS and Weck straights to use when I get the itch. 3rd pass was with my G Injector with the Chinese Schick blade on shave 5 which got me to what I require from a shave. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200418_062223299.jpgIMG_20200417_212614533.jpg

Well that looks like a great shave! Love the look of that Boker, brush, and the design on the Cologne. Ou of curiosity, is Revolution a clone of Spicebomb? I saw how its scent notes are close to Spice Grenade by Ginger's Garden.

Well that looks like a great shave! Love the look of that Boker, brush, and the design on the Cologne. Ou of curiosity, is Revolution a clone of Spicebomb? I saw how its scent notes are close to Spice Grenade by Ginger's Garden.
Thanks and it is even though I had no idea when I bought it. I believe they've been out of ot for awhile and wonder if I'll be able to replace it if/when I empty it.......

Back