The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

So when the power goes out for a while, do you immediately consume all ice cream and frozen treats so they aren’t wasted? I know I would.........

Tell Larry all the guys on the internet that watch each other shave say they are sorry he's having to deal with that!

"P" is for PEPPERS = Sweet Orange Chili Pepper

Thursday April 16, 2020
2020 Shave # 113 ( 528 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: B-3 Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush
Soap: Sweet Orange Chili Pepper
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: A&E L'Orange Verte

Nice shave today. I don't reach for Lakewood soaps enough. They have the scent strength up at a level where I like it and they perform VERY well. Gave a nice cushion and glide to the Red Tip as it removed the days growth. Paired the A&E L'Orange Verte to top things off and will hold off on the fragrance as I have debris from a tree I topped for the In-laws to burn up today so no sense wasting the scent until after that's done and a shower is had. Maybe cut my hair before the shower and another shave after it this evening. Should have our Tuesday Zoom services tonight as most have their internet back now and we rescheduled for tonight. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200415_205451277 (1).jpg

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper? I don't quite know what to make of that combination. I guess it's similar, but stronger, than other orange/pepper soaps I've used. Interesting. Enjoy your shaves, Dave!

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper? I don't quite know what to make of that combination. I guess it's similar, but stronger, than other orange/pepper soaps I've used. Interesting. Enjoy your shaves, Dave!
It's a pleasant Orange scent that is not overly sweet smelling. People were saying they felt the heat of the Peppers when reviewing the soap on her site. I commented I got the orange. Not a fresh orange scent but a slightly earthy orange but NO pepper heat to me. She responded that she didn't know what people stating heat were saying as the Peppers part was just for the fun name. No peppers or heat added 🤪 Enjoy your shaves too Bruce and Thanks for reading !

That soap sounds like a Szechuan Orange Beef dish I like from a Chinese place I go to.

Glad both POWER and INTERNET are on Dave.

Don’t forget to keep your bare hands off the burning logs today 😜

Hope service is going well!

Tonight I'll have to try the Sweet Orange Chili Pepper sample you sent me, Dave. I think it got pushed to the back of my drawer and I forgot about it.

"Q" is for STIRLING Queen of Hearts

Friday April 17, 2020
2020 Shave # 114 ( 529 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Stirling Queen of Hearts
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Dragonsbeard SFS

Haven't read ANYTHING on this soap scent yet. I have been anxious to use this soap ever since it arrived and smelled it but was waiting for the "Q" shave day. @Joe Hackett Rod and Mandy have a winner of a scent here. I need the Splash and EdT to match. Scent description from the site:

Scent Description

Joker ain't the only fool that will do anything for this scent! It's an easy scent to love with notes of caramel, vanilla, berries, honeysuckle, amber, sandalwood, and jasmine.

Blended so well and OMG is it GRAND to me. Had the typical Stirling ease of lather and awesome quality lather with the scent strength remaining throughout the shave. What a great blind buy this was. Had a hard stop with a vintage made in Poland Wizamet blade and swapped it out for a current production Wizamet. Video uploaded in VLOG section of the shave. Have a Stellar day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200416_222150054.jpg

Back