The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

No INTERNET? Yikes try and stay calm. Maybe try and distract yourself by organizing your soaps. :)
Up at 4:30 and still down.........soap organization is a possibility for distraction
Glad you all are safe! Been a long time since I went through a loud scary storm. Hope you get back the interweb soon [emoji6]
Thanks Eric, I'm sure it'll get straightened out some time today now that power is back up.

"N" is for Naid
Tuesday April 14, 2020
2020 Shave # 111 ( 526 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Gillette Psycho Razor
Blade: Sputnik (?)
Brush: Razorock BC Plissoft Silvertip
Soap: M&M Naid
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Stirling Peach

Back at it again with electric but no internet so keeping it short. Naid is a different scent, clear apricot, but enjoyable. Peach splash is a nice match that plays well with it. Psych razor always a fun and nice shave. Have a good day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200413_192511033_HDR.jpg

They say we may have frost on the ground down here in the morning. What the crap?

Nice shave and setup!
Thanks Tim. I have to say I want to love this soap for the scent but it's sooooo soft I don't see how it's called a soap. I load lightly to not cake the brush and need to go back for more product for 3 passes. It even seems a little grainy now which I don't remember from before. I'm pretty sure this was an early formula and it appears like B&M they have a number of different ones. Don't care for companies that are constantly changing. Don't get me wrong, improving ng is great bit don't come to market until you have a good product in all categories to build on without every batch a new formula. I left the too off the tub and will check in a few days to see if it firms up at all. If not I may trade or pif it. Maybe I'm just getting too fussy. LOVE the scent but NOT the base.

I completely agree on all points. I’m not chasing the latest formula fad. If I like something and use it all up, I want to be able to buy it again.

On the Naid, it’s more of a heavy cream. I wouldn’t call it a soap.

So on M&M's website it says that Naid is in their Aon firm base. However the second picture looks like a cream. It also says that Trinity is in the same base but Trinity's second picture definitely looks like a former soap (and I can guarantee it is). A lot of people are going nuts over their Kodiak base so maybe they'll be switching everything over to that. Its weird that Naid is a cream and Trinity is more of a firmer soap like Ethos Pineapple Noir.

That scent sounds like it is something I would like...plus the peach aftershave! Damn Dave...you smell great!

No internet...but hey...you have power!

Back