The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Tuesday January 28, 2020
2020 Shave # 29 ( 449 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Wizamet (10)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (29)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Avon Oland
Fragrance: Ferrari Black

Quick shave and with another vintage Gillette. The Moka Express is a great brush I've had success with but with the dense but thin, soft bristles it wasn't the greatest to pick up enough soap with the doughnut ring as it seemed to quickly clump the bristles. Last pass was barely enough soap but it got the job done. Have to take the wife to an appointment today which will probably take most of the day. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200127_215324979.jpg

Man they did a great job with that razor Dave! 29 down ... oh yeah, you got this. Hope the missus is ok.

Great shave even if you didn't have as much lather as you would like. I hope it's nothing serious with the wife. Have a wonderful day Dave!

Who did your razor, Dave? It looks brand new. I have a refurbished Red Tip as well, a birth year/quarter C1, that I enjoy.

Who did your razor, Dave? It looks brand new. I have a refurbished Red Tip as well, a birth year/quarter C1, that I enjoy.
Back Roads Gold and they were great to deal with. The red tip paint looks a little thin and gold showing with minimal use but that's an easy touch up if needed (y) One thing I notice after having them done is they feel substantially lighter which may be the side effect of lighter coatings or the type of material used verses Nickel. I would do it all over again but do miss the weight a little.

Best case scenario outcome achieved, Thanks guys
tenor.gif

Shave 2 for 2sday
Tuesday January 28, 2020
2020 Shave # 30 ( 450 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Yuma
Blade: Wizamet (11)
Brush: Stuart w/ Maggard Knot
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (30)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Vintage Brut

Another 3 pass shave this evening.
IMG_20200128_173618561.jpg

Last edited:
Back