The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Wednesday January 22, 2020
2020 Shave # 23 ( 443 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Game Changer .84 SB
Blade: Wizamet (6)
Brush: @Techichi The Hive
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (23)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

I'm getting some of the best shaves ever lately with the .84 Game Changer actually rivaling the 6s. I should have revisited the SB plate sooner. The more I use The Hive brush, the more it too impresses me. I like how it eats the soap for the 3017 too. May need to use it for awhile..........we've broke thru the soap but how long the doughnut hole takes to expand til the soap is gone remains to be seen. 16 degrees outside so I'm slow to get out the door to start the day that will get to the 40's today so closer to normal highs. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200122_063418083.jpg

Absolutely.
You guys are too kind
Dang! You did break through to the bottom quick on that! How big is that brush?
Listed as a 26mm but feels and performs bigger to me. I really dig it. Everyone should have one of these !

Thursday January 23, 2020
2020 Shave # 24 ( 444 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (5)
Brush: SV 2.0 Ziricote Wood
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (24)
Aftershave 2: Small Batch Shave Tonic
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Sartorial

Same soap......................................different razor.......................different brush........................different aftershave.... .......................different fragrance. Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200122_195346850.jpg

Friday January 24, 2020
2020 Shave # 25 ( 445 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (6)
Brush: The Hive Brush
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (25)
Aftershave 2: Avon Excalibur
Fragrance: Ford Mustang Performance

Later morning shave as I have a Cadre Friday. Loading the brush today saw some small chunks chip off the puck and get wooshed around the tub and stick to the brush suds. Decided to close the lid after shave so it will hopefully hold moisture and stay intact. Another great shave but getting tired of the same soap day in day out. Don't get me wrong the shaves are enjoyable but not on the level they would be (for me) having variety and the ability to try new soaps that had arrived and are sitting or ones I see others use and think yeah that sounds good for tomorrow. Having said that, I am determined to finish this one so I can say I have succeeded at a 3017.

I haven't tried all the Avon scents in my possession and so grabbed Excalibur today which is described as a Woody Fragrance for men with green, herbal and woody notes. Pretty fleeting to me but enjoyable for the short time and a good one that won't interfere with a cologne choice. Speaking of I went with Ford Mustang Performance. Nice touch of the honey comb top of the cap. Here's what I found said about it online.

"This is an oriental fougere with an emphasis on the spicy warmth of sandalwood and musk touched by fresh, green notes from the mint and lavender. There is a definite richness to this, putting one in mind of bourbon and pecans. The sillage of Mustang Performance is moderate and the fragrance longevity is impressive, with staying power for several hours."

Overall I can see all they stated about it although it's blended so that I don't get things individually. This was a win for me as it smells great. On dry down the Woody Bourbon and Spice come thru. Definite masculine scent and a steal at the $6.99 I paid. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200124_100004110.jpgIMG_20200124_095037462.jpg

Back