The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Sunday January 26, 2020
2020 Shave # 27 ( 447 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (8)
Brush: Rubberset 400
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (27)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Avon Windjammer
Fragrance: PdP #63

Another day on the 3017 and pretty sure we knocked another one out. Tub all in sits at 67 grams so if @Spider 's calculations stand true to mine of 40 grams for tub and lid, I have @27 grams left. Got the back of my neck done as well this morning and also broke out another seldom used Avon with the Windjammer Plane. It'll drop off scent wise before I hit the #63 and get out the door in 2-3 hours. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200125_171857748.jpg

Avon Windjammer is my Jam! 🤪 Seriously though...Windjammer is nice scent and one of my favorites! Have a great Sunday Dave!

Monday January 27, 2020
2020 Shave # 28 ( 448 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Gillette Fatboy in Rhodium
Blade: Wizamet (9)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (28)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Proraso Green
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver

After the boar not shedding a single hair last outing I had high hopes that were dashed for today. No less than 12 hairs shed but who's counting. Another great CBL Tonsorial shave with the 3017 powering ahead and diminishing slowly but steadily. Talk of vintage razors had me pull out my fatboy for today's shave and will use the Red Tip for tomorrow's. These are my 2 favorite vintage razors that I've used over the years. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200127_054447566.jpg

Back