The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Found this in my supplies and nearly full. Doesn't say for shaving but I assume it will do the trick for shaving. What say y'all? How do the ingredients compare to the shave talc you guys have? Before @NurseDave points it out, yes I do see the Good Housekeeping seal and guarantee 😂
IMG_20200603_074953711.jpgIMG_20200603_075003686.jpg

What about RazoRock American Barber Italian Shave Soap – ItalianBarber? It is another YSL Rive Gauche inspired scent, but maybe worth inclusion?

This is one of my favorite barbershop scents: Figaro Monsieur - Ambra Aftershave Splash 400ml. (Also available from ItalianBarber.) I don't think there is a matching soap, but I still wonder how close it gets to a true barbershop scent in your opinion.

Also, on the subject of talc, what is your opinion of Imperial Leather Talcum Powder?
meh, does not smell like leather, and as to RR's offering meh as well, performance is just not there to me for this shootout.

Found this in my supplies and nearly full. Doesn't say for shaving but I assume it will do the trick for shaving. What say y'all? How do the ingredients compare to the shave talc you guys have? Before @NurseDave points it out, yes I do see the Good Housekeeping seal and guarantee 😂
View attachment 25877View attachment 25878
nope not as a shave talc to me too much acidity on a shaved face JMHO

Just watched 3rd day and that was my experience with plate 3 and why Dave has no issue. He doesn't do the areas that were hard to get. Day 4 to see the Hail Mary moment next

Timberwolf.................................back to the video. My shirt still shows "Making" and not shipped yet even though est delivery was today. You must have ordered pre-posting :unsure: I run hot water over the razor and the blade is easier to remove on the Vector. Never any trouble loading.

Last edited:
Back