The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Timberwolf.................................back to the video. My shirt still shows "Making" and not shipped yet even though est delivery was today. You must have ordered pre-posting :unsure: I run hot water over the razor and the blade is easier to remove on the Vector. Never any trouble loading.
Thanks Dave i could not think of the name for the life of me. Old age Yay! And Zazzle is in Phoenix so it was quick delivered today. But who knows what is in the package. Also very excited about a package from Ohio as well oh boy! Thanks for watching Dave

Thanks Dave i could not think of the name for the life of me. Old age Yay! And Zazzle is in Phoenix so it was quick delivered today. But who knows what is in the package. Also very excited about a package from Ohio as well oh boy! Thanks for watching Dave
Yep mine was a tease, just the mug, mine still being forged as well and YES VECTOR SUPREMACY!

Excellent Vid Dave. As usual very informative. Like the analogies. Looking forward to the SV tour.
Have a great weekend.
Fluffy

Just catching up on your videos Dave, and as always awesome job! I found an NOS first gen Fili the other day and messaged the seller, but I was too late. Bummer but oh well.
I did not know that Proraso was a Barbershop scent in Italy, but that makes a lot of sense. I really enjoy Proraso soaps and i just bought the green aftershave.
Seville never struck me as a "barbershop" scent, but that probably has more to do with me never traveling to Spain. Either way it is a fantastic scent and has taken the place of my summer barbershop soap.

Day 6: BarberShop Scent Shootout

I enjoyed watching this video particularly with reference to the straight razor you are using.

With regard to B&M Seville, the most current iteration of this soap is in the Excelsior base which I believe to be a step up from what you are using. Other Seville versions include Reserve base (available only as a limited edition Reddit soap) and the Glissant base. Based on the lid label you may be using the soap base prior to Glissant.

Tried B&M Reserve and just couldn’t get on board with it. Scent sounds nice though!

Great video Dave! I am glad to hear that Borotalco is lightly scented because that is the talc I have on the way! I read that it has been an Italian tradition for many many years and a very fine product. Stay safe out there!

Back