The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

“It’s a game changer.” That’s a razor. Duh. Is Chad in charge of this brush buy???

Well now my Aqua Velva video thumbnail looks like crap! :poop: Thanks (sarcastically) @BarberDave for whipping out your vintage AV bottle with the KJ Walgreen's gift set Canadian juice!:ROFLMAO: That Mennen talc bottle is pretty sweet too!

Nice job Dave! Yea that pretty weird, the original intended users of Tabac and Old Spice...never would have guessed, we’ll Tabac maybe, but OS certainly not!

Fatip level blade feel eh? :oops:

Is that kind of feel better to you with the added weight, like Fatip, or without, like the 3D print?

Fatip level blade feel eh? :oops:

Is that kind of feel better to you with the added weight, like Fatip, or without, like the 3D print?
I love it the weight did not affect the shave, but with that blade gap i was being extra light in the touch If it would have been a heavy razor it would have been “Sushi Time”

Dave, I'd say if you don't want anything milder than the KCG, then the ASD2 might be too mild. I'd been using the ASD2 for a bit when I got my KCG and right away it had noticeable blade feel and felt a bit aggressive. I adjusted my shave technique to mitigate that, but I get nothing like that from the ASD2. It is basically a Stainless Steel Gillette Tech. If you enjoy the shave from a Tech, then you may like the ASD2.

Dave, I'd say if you don't want anything milder than the KCG, then the ASD2 might be too mild. I'd been using the ASD2 for a bit when I got my KCG and right away it had noticeable blade feel and felt a bit aggressive. I adjusted my shave technique to mitigate that, but I get nothing like that from the ASD2. It is basically a Stainless Steel Gillette Tech. If you enjoy the shave from a Tech, then you may like the ASD2.
Perfect thanks brother

What a fortuitous situation! An excuse to go pick up a razor For Science! Out Walgreens only had one on the shelf as the others have noted. I like the heft and it is indeed a very mild razor. I used a fresh feather and it tamed that blade no problem. I removed the chin tuft. Wearing a mask with a fledgling beard is uncomfortable. I echo Spider’s assessment that the K
CG is super mild, but not on the same field as the Feather. Close though! If I were using a GSB it might be quite similar. Another really mild one is that Baili I tried yesterday. I’ll be hitting tat one up again Monday.

What a fortuitous situation! An excuse to go pick up a razor For Science! Out Walgreens only had one on the shelf as the others have noted. I like the heft and it is indeed a very mild razor. I used a fresh feather and it tamed that blade no problem. I removed the chin tuft. Wearing a mask with a fledgling beard is uncomfortable. I echo Spider’s assessment that the K
CG is super mild, but not on the same field as the Feather. Close though! If I were using a GSB it might be quite similar. Another really mild one is that Baili I tried yesterday. I’ll be hitting tat one up again Monday.
Thanks Rich, I have a funny feeling LOL

Last edited:
Awesome video Dave! I have really enjoyed these reviews that you have been putting together. I am really excited to see what the tour of SV is like. Cosmo really surprised me so I can definitely see a few more SV purchases in the future.

Back