The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Dave is there medication that some people of a certain age can take in order for the sebacious gland to still work, as they age?

And yes guys I'm behind, but I wanted in on the fun

Dave is there medication that some people of a certain age can take in order for the sebacious gland to still work, as they age?

McDonalds fries

I got a funny story about “glands” but they weren’t sebaceous. Truly life changing story though...

They will alway produce as long as the follicle is active, some folks hormons produce more ethnicity LOL but what Dave said would certainly help NOT!
McDonalds fries
yea, yea that is it
Nicely done HBDave!

I was going to say bacon.
Thanks Chris, and yest diet will do it as well
I got a funny story about “glands” but they weren’t sebaceous. Truly life changing story though...

Do not post it especially if it is anything with the word "expressing " in it

Great stuff Dave...

You mentioned the blade sticking to the face when you were shaving with the EAB. I've experienced that more with the heavier grinds, especially near or full wedges. I've found that I need to increase the shave angle by at least 10-20* to avoid that happening. (for those of you who have NOT experienced it, when it happens the first time, it can be absolutely terrifying). I've yet to experience that with anything ground beyond half hollow.

Wetting the blade is a great trick to help avoid that, however. Outside of that, the smaller blades are just so much fun to whip around the face. I think, when equal care is given to the technique, they are much easier to shave with than their larger and heavier counterparts. Where they tend to start to have issues, in my experience, is when they are asked to shave multiple (4+) days growth and a smidgen of pressure is needed to get the blade through the hair. Inexperienced straight users will end up applying that pressure in the wrong direction ending up in irritation or worse yet, sushi.

Really enjoying the Barbershop at home series, though. I borrowed the "time warp" from you...helps cut down on the amount of bandwidth I'm using out here per video. Looking forward to your take n the lather cam! Hope your Monday went well.

BTW, have you tried any A&E soaps yet?

U too have stolen the time warp but for me its because I run out of things to talk about around the end of pass 1

Nice stuff Dave and cool about the chair. Looking forward to seeing it and the reupolsterying of it

Thanks Dave
Great stuff Dave...

You mentioned the blade sticking to the face when you were shaving with the EAB. I've experienced that more with the heavier grinds, especially near or full wedges. I've found that I need to increase the shave angle by at least 10-20* to avoid that happening. (for those of you who have NOT experienced it, when it happens the first time, it can be absolutely terrifying). I've yet to experience that with anything ground beyond half hollow.

Wetting the blade is a great trick to help avoid that, however. Outside of that, the smaller blades are just so much fun to whip around the face. I think, when equal care is given to the technique, they are much easier to shave with than their larger and heavier counterparts. Where they tend to start to have issues, in my experience, is when they are asked to shave multiple (4+) days growth and a smidgen of pressure is needed to get the blade through the hair. Inexperienced straight users will end up applying that pressure in the wrong direction ending up in irritation or worse yet, sushi.

Really enjoying the Barbershop at home series, though. I borrowed the "time warp" from you...helps cut down on the amount of bandwidth I'm using out here per video. Looking forward to your take n the lather cam! Hope your Monday went well.

BTW, have you tried any A&E soaps yet?

Thanks Josh, and funny you mention I am going to peruse their stuff Today, I have seen enough now that I cannot avoid it any longer. Aside from the Asian Plum, of which Tom Ford's Plum Japonaise is screaming at me, any other you would rec?
U too have stolen the time warp but for me its because I run out of things to talk about around the end of pass 1
LOL "Doing the Time Warp again

Great Dave! You didn’t seem to have to shake your Eucris very hard to get a dose.

Nice shave Dave! Congrats on the barber chair find! Hope you’ve been able to find a trustworthy place to reupholster it... :oops:

Thanks Josh, and funny you mention I am going to peruse their stuff Today, I have seen enough now that I cannot avoid it any longer. Aside from the Asian Plum, of which Tom Ford's Plum Japonaise is screaming at me, any other you would rec?

Signature would be one that I would recommend. Grecian Horse is based off of Parfum de Marly Pegasus, but is VERY similar to Endymion, something you might enjoy.

Great Dave! You didn’t seem to have to shake your Eucris very hard to get a dose.
Nice shave Dave! Congrats on the barber chair find! Hope you’ve been able to find a trustworthy place to reupholster it... :oops:
Nice shave, what happened to the enchilada shave ? I miss it ?
Signature would be one that I would recommend. Grecian Horse is based off of Parfum de Marly Pegasus, but is VERY similar to Endymion, something you might enjoy.
Thanks Gents

Back