The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Well that rules out a visit to the shop. Too far to drive if I get permission to go. Lol

Great video again Dave. Nice thoughts on the Vector. And Congratulations on the Employment! Now you can actually contribute to society! 🤪

I know Right, LOL
Nice video Dave and Congrats on the upcoming landing !!

Thanks
Great things finding a chair! You sure are making that Vector look good. They appear to have a base in Columbus, Ohio not far away. So when I order one it’ll get here quick.

Thanks
Nope, mine shipped from California

Mine Too San Francisco
Well that rules out a visit to the shop. Too far to drive if I get permission to go. Lol
;-)

Very difficult to keep up on your videos but staying up to date. Can't wait to get down there again and get a cut from ya.

And still the best video of yours is the one I have linked in my signature.

Very difficult to keep up on your videos but staying up to date. Can't wait to get down there again and get a cut from ya.

And still the best video of yours is the one I have linked in my signature.
I figured you would get mileage out of it, LOL

It is pretty peculiar that the guarded blades, both Feather and Kai, are extra smooth as you say.

Caught up on the most recent stuff, Dave. I'm finding the Pro Guards to be a great fit as well, though I'm torn on which ones I enjoy more; them or the Pros. The Super's are just SO efficient that they negate any slickness the soap has (that I can tell), and feel "draggy". This is less pronounced with the Pros and almost negligible with the Pro Guards. Looking forward to trying some Pro-Line blades to see what I think of those as a comparison to the Feathers and the Kai Captain.

Congrats on finding a shop to work out of!

It is pretty peculiar that the guarded blades, both Feather and Kai, are extra smooth as you say.

Amazing how that little teflon coated wire makes a difference
Caught up on the most recent stuff, Dave. I'm finding the Pro Guards to be a great fit as well, though I'm torn on which ones I enjoy more; them or the Pros. The Super's are just SO efficient that they negate any slickness the soap has (that I can tell), and feel "draggy". This is less pronounced with the Pros and almost negligible with the Pro Guards. Looking forward to trying some Pro-Line blades to see what I think of those as a comparison to the Feathers and the Kai Captain.

Congrats on finding a shop to work out of!

Thanks Josh, and you nailed it the Pro supers are indeed that way so they leave nothing behind, glad I was not the only one feeling that way. I did my shave today with the guard again and smooth as silk. I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the other blades

Nice job Dave!

Is it my imagination, is the Wacker a very short blade? Or is it just illusion because of its width?

Back