The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Why weren't you eating cookies? And your Aftershave you could've rubbed cookie dough on your face.

You’re right, haven't seen anyone use the Fat yet! Nice work up of the lather.

“One of if not the best post shave feel”? Whaaaaaat! :ROFLMAO: Haven’t tried it yet, but I’ll take your word for it!

You’re right, haven't seen anyone use the Fat yet! Nice work up of the lather.

“One of if not the best post shave feel”? Whaaaaaat! :ROFLMAO: Haven’t tried it yet, but I’ll take your word for it!
Thanks Chris and as long as you do not have a Lanolin sensitivity It is tough to find one better in post shave skin feel

It is true MWF has great post shave feel. But sometimes it can be more difficult than Williams to get a lather from it.

I can honestly say that I have never had an issue getting a great lather from MWF. I need to pull it out sometime soon.

Finally watched this video. Looking forward to the straights perhaps I will learn something. So I noticed while watching your shave that as you lean down the receding hairline. Your forehead is getting bigger I suppose. So when a barber loses all their hair does that mean they are done cutting hair? Can you trust a bald barber? Questions to ponder. LOL!

(this is me getting back for the stewie comments)

Last edited:
Finally watched this video. Looking forward to the straights perhaps I will learn something. So I noticed while watching your shave that as you lean down the receding hairline. Your forehead is getting bigger I suppose. So when a barber loses all their hair does that mean they are done cutting hair? Can you trust a bald barber? Questions to ponder. LOL!

(this is me getting back for the stewie comments)
Actually I have lost no hair and that comment just proves you are the living Stewie, LOL. NOW GET OFF MY LAWN, LOL

Oh and here is my shave today:

HBD's Straight Razor Shaving Tutorial : MODULE #100

It is so good to see you again, Dave! Well, from the nose up anyways. :p That giant top lip of yours is going to take some getting used to. What does Sharon think of the new you?

When did the moosh come off and why? Inquiring minds NEED to know!

Back