The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Well adding being compared to Hitler on my resume. OUCH... love you too man.
You got compared to Thanos the destroyer of the entire universe and your worry about an Austrian crazy person with a bad mustache that is dead ROFL

2BEAE50D-695F-4DD4-B552-2E0875CE9624.jpeg
Although I did not go to Ohio @Majorrich was nice enough to send me a set of the Ohio wet shavers, shave soap by Shannon soaps, and also knowing that I was a big fan of Seaforth a special aftershave called Buckeye also another local soap maker that was a cherry mint

As far as the fragrance of the soap, it seemed extremely neutral to me. There were no scent fragrance notes on the packaging, nor were there any fragrance notes on the Seaforth so if anybody knows them, please let me know, but it did match very well with the Penhaligon’s Elixir

It was a fantastic shave with the Stark Ferrari.

Thanks again, Rich It’s a wonderful, wonderful soap and fragrance.

Have a good day, everybody

911BC147-F3F8-4CA7-8585-E8700BF46C6C.jpeg
Some thing nice, something simple, something legendary. Well to fit that bill, Fine Italian Citrus!

An all Fine shave with the IC and the C20 fine synth. Couple with the Blackbird, a perfect shave

Splashes of the IC, some talc , and even more Italian Citrus. Just great for a 105 degree day. Yes the heat is back grrrrr

Have a good day folks

8A7714B0-60B7-4198-8AFD-C4BC0A3B53FC.jpeg
Green & Ferny today with the Heather, Paladin, and an English Fern dupe

The tech gave a very nice 3 pass shave today

Hope you have a great day

4AA3B00B-F8C2-4200-9AD6-83F0DF715F2F.jpeg
Well, Hotumn is continuing in Tucson today. Our normal high should be 91° and it’s going to be 108° so a shave that reminds me of the Pacific Ocean and cool trade winds was in order.

Williams is just a perfect, so easy to lather super super slick and just fun to use. The Pacific Prince aftershave is a cheap aftershave, but it is very nice. Very refreshing shades of blue and a little bit of Aqua Velva is the vibe this is going for

Finished off with some talc, as well as one of the most unique and short-lived fragrances from Penhaligon’s. It’s a wonderful salty oceanic fragrance that never really took off because it’s one of those fragrances you either love or hate.

Blasted Heath EdP.

So a good start to the day for my Friday at the shop and looking forward to a nice long weekend

Hope everybody has a great day

09.29.2024 - Hotumn Shave #2

09.29.2024.JPEG
Well Hotumn Day #2 and only 104 today FOR THE END OF SPETEMBER?????? UGH Enough is enough!

Anyway a Gin & Tonic Shave today, with some Wool Fat, some Gents Gin, and British Sterling. The 8/8 Wosty was on Whisker Duty and provided a perfect 3-pass DSBBS Shave. Some talc, some more of the Gents gin, and staying inside most of the day

Have a Good Sunday Folks

(Video posted )

Barber Errand Day Shave! 09.30.2024

09.30.2024.JPEG
As September Leaves us with the Fire of June, October is not much better, 100+ degree temps for the rest of the week, so I guess we are re-visiting June. A rare non-DSBBS shave today, as the Razor needs to go back to the stones I think. Still a very nice shave, and with the temps still sticking to the light "summery" frags.

finished off with a splash, a balm, and the Gio, which should be in everyone's stable

"At the Ranch"

Aside from errand day stuff, we are taking the two pups to the Vet. Kona for his Follow up, and Lyka for her first wellness visit. She is settling in good, Her a Kona are doing well together, and Ruger and Lyka seem to be putting up with each other. I did discover that both Kona and Lyka are both Spinners. That being the case, when horsing around, I now know what will happen when Andromeda, and the Milky Way converge in 4-5 billion years.

Today, they were out in the back yard, nashing teeth, doing there best wolf thing, boxing and biting, when both started to do what is I guess, the Husky Defense Spin or HDS. Like a whirling dervish. both in opposite directions, get really fast. I assume this is a tactic to hit the other dog with the hind quarters at highway speeds, thus launching the other dog away to its demise....... Well, since both were spinning, and both decided to move their hindquarters to the other. Apparently Kona and Lyka are NOT astute in Physics, so when the collision happened, all that kinetic energy transferred to the opposite Husky.........

This sent them both flying across the yard in a cloud or dust rocks and absolute hilarity....well from my point of view. Hearing my laughing, they joined forced and demanded treats and retribution, but attacking me.... Ahhh such is life with a pair of Huskies

Have a Great Monday Folks

( Video Posted )

Back