The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

664D5F61-D2E5-4A07-8B67-25CAF7EF1BC1.jpeg
Well, it is my Thursday and boy am I feeling it for my first week back in the shop. A little bit of a mishmash shave today with the clown puke, aqua Velva sport and of course the G.O.A.T rive gauch

Nice three passes with the blackbird and the West Coast shaving brush today

Hope everybody has a great day

7 September 2024
22B74008-50A7-4A8D-B203-20B1A4C3F2E2.jpeg
My last day in the shop and it could not have happened sooner still building up my strength after getting better from the vid and I am exhausted, but I also decided I needed to get back into straight razor shaving and this was the first one and 3 1/2 weeks minus the one I did with the essence

Decided to use an old reliable in the PDP 63 as well as the Eric, Anton Berg and the Sorrentino Luca Brasi

Very nice shave today resulting in a very nice BBS shave I didn’t push it because I didn’t want to get cut

Finished off with a nice amount of talcum as well as the PDP 63 fragrance

Hope everybody’s enjoying their weekend

Glad to see you’re up and about.. Hope the Queen is feeling better now too. Please do pace yourselves, my friends!

Glad to see you’re up and about.. Hope the Queen is feeling better now too. Please do pace yourselves, my friends!
She is doing much better and Negative as well. Ya..... I over did it the `1st week back, due to all the rescheduled appts. Was crazy.... Thanks Bruce

09.04.2024 - 1500 Subscriber Prize givewaway day!

09.08.2024.JPEG
Overdid my 1st week back at the shop and the "ol body" was not quite ready for it, bit we made it. Slept for over 12-hours and feeling great. Finally getting around to getting a winner for my 1500 subs on YouTube and getting that Video done, Getting Bingo ready for next week ( you should sign up!), and also getting ready for a "Soda Tasting" episode on our Drinks N Daves channel Youtube as well. ( @NurseDave ). Where the "Dave's" are going to sample some rather "Unique flavored Sodas" Should be scary and interesting at the same time. Join us on Tuesday Night at 6pm Pacific.

Oh yea.... The shave:
My own branded soap today, as well as the "Cholla Brush" from the Ranch and the Jos Elliot which dates from the late 1800's and since I found it at an Estate Sale in Tombstone, and it may have been in Tombstone during the Earp / Holliday years, who knows who this has shaved. Used the Spaghetti Western today, for a very nice 3 pass shave @CBLSoap.com and @CBLindsay just flat out know how to make soaps and Aftershaves, and give Vision to what we accomplished.

DSBBS as expected and to throw a little Italy into the Spaghetti Western, a few Vasilli's of SV 70th and ready for a "Home Chore" day

Hope everyone has a Blessed Sunday

09.09.2024 - Barber errand Day

09.09.2024.JPEG
Brute,Brut and a Tech not much else needed to day BBS as the tech is so mild, but I am now Brutalicious!

(Video Posted)

4D48CFA4-7C21-44A4-B5DE-7BD1A3DC166C.jpeg
Wonderful early morning shave to start what may end up as a Gastrically “interesting evening”. Also need to complete the long list of Barber errands, including a traveler that attached itself to one of my tires, most likely picked up at a track day about 2 -months ago thus resulting in a slow leak. So off to the tire shop as well, then to Costco to refill it with Nitrogen (as they are the only ones in town have Nitrogen filling stations) then fuel, and a glorious trip to Walmart before the SodaGastrilixious event tonight

Have a good day folks

99BD498E-EA68-43DE-9D56-54EAECBC009C.jpeg
Orange! That was the theme of the day today with sweet Orange, Royall Mandarin, Santa Paula, the fine C 60 and the Dorko 1151

Great shave today three passes DSBBS and a great start to my Tuesday

Bingo game will be starting at the end of the week. Please make sure that you get signed up. Also, if you’re interested don’t forget the zoom call on Sunday.

Have a great day, everybody

1B143C19-C08F-47F8-A894-386C8AFC24E9.jpeg
It’s Friday!… Well, OK it’s Saturday for most of you. Looking forward to a nice three day weekend which is my norm. The beginning of bingo, zoom call, Barber errand day, and of course, another episode of drinks and Daves

Shave today was fantastic with the stark Ferrari as well as Asian Pear, Pitralon , and Penhaligon’s elixir

Nice three pass shave, DSBBS and ready for my final day at the shop

Hope everybody has a great day

Back