The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

07 February 2022 - SR Shave # 2113 ( on hold )
DE Shave today

Blackland Tradere OC / Wizamet (1)
Sorrentino Barzini GID / Cashmere
Williams vintage Barber's Bar Shave Soap

Pinaud Talc/ Thayer Lemon / Proraso Alum
Pinaud Gent's Gin Aftershave Splash
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling EdT

02.07.2022.jpg

The Monday journey begins. Hard to believe that 7-days ago was the "Big Hit" and now I have to head back down there. Wierd how, I guess what could be called PTSD sets in a little bit, wont be taking the dog, probably will find an alternate way of getting into the parking lot for the bank. Strange how being in combat, a POW for a short time, and other health and life altering things did not affect me as much as some yahoo who slammed into the side of me. Funny how the mind works, and KONA and the guilt I feel for him being in the car, is more powerful than some of the things I witnessed and did in the service. Anyway on to good things.

The shave was all GIN, Juniper, and citrus..... How could this be bad, unless you DON'T want to smell like a Gin & Tonic, once of the greatest smells ever. The combination of the Gent's Gin, which is huge citrus forward, but sharp, partnered with the Juniper and Tonic fragrances make this a match made in heaven. A bit fleeting over the day, due to the notes, but still a fav. The BIG winner here today was the Vintage William Barber Bar I received from @Luecke3262 I think. I was never planning on using it, as it was, or appeared to be NOS, but, it kept calling, and Boy howdy am I glad I did. This stuff was AMAZING. I palm loaded on the puck and it was in all honesty as good as anything I have in the dent. The Tradere was happy as well skating around on the slickness. I opted for a DE, as my chin had a small argument with yesterday's razor, LOL

KONA FILES: Pretty much a normal day for "El Doggo" and routune, although he is a bit miffed that he will have to stay home while @AvocadoQueen & I run errands and head to the Gem & Fossil shows all around Tucson. The Worlds largest. So she can ponder, peruse, buy the rocks, and lapidary supplies, findings for her rabbit holesl. I am on a hunt for the perfect meteorite for @NurseDave as well. Should be fun.

Thanks for stopping by

I'm really glad you decided to use it. I mean, yes its about 80 years old or somewhere around that, but its made to be used! It's so cool to see how fantastic ingredients and old school ways can add up to an amazing product. I still have 4-5 pucks NOS, but have not yet used it myself as I'm still working through a puck of Williams Tonsorial. Enjoy buddy, praying the PTSD events and anxiety falls away quickly. Best wishes buddy!

08February 2022 - SR Shave # 2114

The Wraith/ Feather Pro-Guard (4)
Sorrentino Barzini GID / Cashmere

Williams vintage Barber's Bar Shave Soap
Pinaud Talc/ Thayer Lemon / Proraso Alum
Nivea 2 in Aftershave
Aqua Velva Aftershave

02.08.2022.jpg

Fantastic Shave today, DSBBS (G) +10. just perfection today, made possible by the Essence by Tedalus Stand, thats right! The stand made the difference @NurseDave and @Scuttlesoap . LOL. Has to use the Williams Barber Bar again and it was wonderful. Best Williams soap ever IMHO. Followed by all the cast of characters today.

KONA Files:
Yesterday, while we were procuring rocks, meteorites, Petrified wood, gems, findings and so forth, we could not take "El Doggo". So, since it was a nice day, and since he loves the patio and apparently is not interested in the Ducks or Chickens we let him stay in the back yard portion of the property which is separately fenced from the rest of the Ranchito. We was a complete spaz when we got home and was doing this......

giphy.gif

but, the usual jingling of the collar was not there as he was in stealth mode. Needless to say we did not find his collar last night, so he was lucky enough to spend the night as a spy on us and boy is he quiet, like a ghost. today we found out he was digging behind the fountain, and must have gotten his collar stuck on the fence separating the garden, and while he was diggin a den to China. GRRRR. Also he got into the Duck/Chicken pen as we found proof that he snacked on some duck eggs as well. The fun continues with the puppy, LOL

Thanks for stopping by

THE C.E.C. is above all that, we wear Black Suits and polka dot socks, and Ray Bans, LOL, not to mention diversity LOL Wait till you get the Meteorites, They come from a special Galaxy of Enablement, LOL known at NG Gottahavit 428

Definitely gonna be the Tesla.

Put that baby into ghost hunter mode and the Kona Kid looses all steath advantage.

And wait till the Tesla trick sound system makes him think “he” is breaking wind. He will lay off them duck eggs for sure.

Definitely gonna be the Tesla.

Put that baby into ghost hunter mode and the Kona Kid looses all steath advantage.

And wait till the Tesla trick sound system makes him think “he” is breaking wind. He will lay off them duck eggs for sure.
he does that on his own after that "Whew", and of course when he ate that entire bag of cat food

1B800A9A-8342-4315-8C87-B6B20556F96D.jpeg
Great Shave with KAIZEN today. Fragrance notes on this I’ve been trying to figure out for quite some time. Think I finally got it. Oranges apples some green put that in a Ziploc bag take a really nice maduro cigar and blow the smoke into it and that’s the soap, truly wonderful. Matching this with the royal Mandarin was a perfect fit as well and a no brainer Shave with the feather ASD2

Nothing on the cone files today I was in a hurry to get to the shop by 6 o’clock he was still sleeping as well as the rest of the house

6EBE416A-F9E3-4DB5-BC3D-0D0FB56C5088.jpeg
Another oh dark 30 shave today with the name sake soap and aftershave Followed up with some Thayers of some Nivea and Ghosttown Barber. For the razor another tribute to our lost brother Ed and another DSBBS Shave

On the Kona files, although it was much cooler I don’t think he’s feeling real well we’re gonna take him to the vet to make sure he doesn’t have any injuries from the accident but he met me in the kitchen so I can give him his duck jerky and he wags his tail and off to bed he went. They’re doing some controlled fires near us to get ready for the wildfire season, and what a beautiful sunrise it was on the way to the shop.

Hope everybody has a good day and thanks for stopping by

Back