The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

16 February 2022 - SR Shave # 2117

Tedalus “The Wraith”/ Feather Pro-Guard
Sorrentino/TSC Annv./ badger
Palmolive stick Shave Soap
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lemon / talc
Proraso Aftershave
MK for Men Tribute EdT
3C055C58-6DEE-4668-97F4-7F1C041E4A50.jpeg
Quick early shave, all no brainer items

Kona slept in today….

18 February 2022 - SR Shave # 2118

Tedalus “The Wraith”/ Feather Pro-Guard
Sorrentino Corleone/ Synth
Mitchell’s Wool Fat shave Soap
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lemon / talc
Nivea 2 in 1 Aftershave
Duke Randolph EdP
11929D10-018F-4A73-B5C5-DDA683936B5E.jpeg

Woke up at 0330 today, not sure why but the fact that two emerald eyes were staring down on my may have had something to do with it. Tried to get back to sleep, but no-joy. So a leisurely cup of coffee, watch the news and started my shave about 0430 today so slow and methodical today. MWF is just awesome plain and simple, and provided a great surface for the wraith today. Perfect DSBBS and all the other characters worked in concert. The Duke Randolph is a perfect match for MWF, soapy and strong. If MWF did an EdP this would be it!

KONA FILES:
As mentioned above, other than his early morning stare down, “El Doggo” kept me company in the early hours of the day, even cast and watched me shave. I think his real idea was to see if I could somehow warm up the backyard to more that 26 degrees, so he could do his business in comfort. Ummm no. He went back to bed until he heard the mixer and up to get his treats, per what has become our norm, a tail wag, a chuff and off to bed again.

Thanks for stopping by

19 February 2022 - SR Shave # 2118 hold
DE shave today

Gillette Fatboy/ Wizamet
Sorrentino POC/ Synth
Cremo Vanilla Orchid Shave stick
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lavender / talc
Nivea 2 in 1 Aftershave
Penhaligon’s Endymion Concentre EdP

Quick de shave and out the door for my Friday

93BD5053-340F-42C8-A725-726999DCCCB6.jpeg

20 February 2022 - SR Shave # 2119

Genco Easy Aces 5/8
RubberSet 400-4 / TGN Finest
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Proraso Alum
Ice Blue Aqua Velva Aftershave
Mennen Shave Talc ( BarberDave Blend)
Canoe EdT

02.20.2022.jpg

Good Vintage Shave Today, but a bit of a Twilight Zone moment
( See the Posted Video )

Kona Files: Taking the Day off and lounging on the porch.... He is considering making an appearance on today's Zoom call for his fans..... He is such a Diva!

Thanks for stopping by

22 February 2022 - SR Shave # 2120

Klas Tornblom 4/8
Sorrentino Luca Brasi / Badger
Seaforth Spice Shave soap/ Aftershave
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lavender
Shulton Old Spice & Avon Wild Country Colognes

02.22.2022.jpg

Very nice shave today, before more onlsaught of Dr. Apointments for the wreck, CT's PT and the like. Good razor, good product and DSBBS.
( Video Posted )

THE KONA FILES:
It being Tuesday, it was the overlord stance this morning, and again waking up to Emerald eyes and Teeth staring at me to let him out. Rabbits and the like be warned, he was on his game today. Back in the house for treats and antagonizing the cat. He did leave Mom alone to sleep, which for him, was a good thing. I am looking forward to him being able to join me on errands again, but he is still a bit gun-shy on getting in the car. Who can blame him. I hope this passes soon, Poor Boy.

Thanks for stopping by

23 February 2022 - SR Shave # 2121

Tedalus / Feather Pro guard
Graydog Tucson Cholla / Badger
Stirling Oro Valley shave soap / aftershave / EdT
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lemon

C6BA717D-C5AD-4D28-BA53-37A961633DEC.jpeg
Early morning dance with the Wraith, and the namesake of where we live. Purely Southwest, the soap, as, and EdT are wonderful. Good DSBBS shave.

KONA FILES:
Windy, cold and dark. All the ingredients for “El Doggo” to stay in bed…. Well, of course, until he heard me making coffee, and knowing the dog treats are near the coffee maker.
“Did you go out?”
“Did you do your perimeter check and constitutional?”
“No?”
So no treats this morning!………

I gave him three “sigh”

Thanks for stopping by

25 February 2022 - SR Shave # 2122
SE Shave today

Blackland vector/ Feather Proguard
Sorrentino/synthetic
Ethos Greenfresh shave soap/ aftershave
Proraso Alum / Thayers Cucumber
Talc
Floris 1962 EdP
2888653B-387E-4295-836B-AB77DCDEA05C.jpeg
Well another early morning shave, very nice is the green fresh is always good. DSBBS with the vector, and cucumber spearmint lemongrass are just perfect

Kona did not even wake up today. I think him and Mom were up surfing the Internet last night. He did finally come up yawn and stretch as I was walking out the door so I had to stop and give him a treat, and so goes on Friday morning.

Thanks for stopping by

Back