The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

giphy.gif

C774EEA2-9F91-4492-9E56-95BAD66A3F2F.jpeg
All of this week we’re “Grab N Go” types of shaves. All DE unfortunately but at 0430 in the am, with a cup of coffee in the hand, whatever my eyes went to is what what was on the shave agenda. My Friday today, so I am looking forward to 3-days of straight razors. Today was all citrus with some almond with the soap. Boellis is always nice, and typical of Italian products. The feather is an easy no brainer shave.

Kona: typical of this week due to the time, he sleeps while I shower and shave, still sleeps while I get ready, but is up and all “tail waggy” when I get my protein shake ready, as he knows the duck 🦆 jerky treat is in his future. As is typical he wags and runs back to his bed in the den to marf. “ya goodbye you provider of treats” “I go back to bed now”

Thanks for stopping by

13 February 2022 - SR Shave # 2115

Filarmonica 13 JMP 5/8
Sorrentino Barzini GID / Cashmere
Mystic Water Jasmine Shave Soap
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lavender / Mennen Talc.... Kind of
Nivea 2 in Aftershave
Penhaligon's Endymion Concentre EdP

02.13.2022.jpg
Video Posted

14February 2022 - SR Shave # 2116

Wacker Chevalier 6/8+
Sorrentino Barzini Ebony / Synth
CFG / Zoologist Civet Shave Soap
Proraso Alum / Thayers Cucumber
Nivea 2 in Aftershave
Royall Musk Cologne

02.14.2022.jpg

Errand day, Doctor Day, and all that good stuff, so a quick straight razor shave today, with the Civet, that lovely wildcat we all know internally produces one of the most expensive coffees on the planet by sharing its gastric, dietary, and intestinal magic to the coffee bean and gives it to the world, LOL ( and it is really not that good IMHO).

The soap, however is more of what the Civet cat does.... Eats Coffee, so there is a coffee note, lives in the dark moist air, Green, dirt is also a note, and Agar, and musk. As are all Zoologist items they can be polarizing. Similar to Imaginary Authors. Either you like or not. Good Soap as is typical of CFG, and provided a nice 3 pass shave.

Finished up with all the normal characters with the addition of Royall Musk. This so I can really scent bomb the CT tech during my scan this morning LOL

(Video Posted )

KONA FILES:

Up and out at 0630 in by 0700, eating duck jerky by 0705 and back to bed at 0720, up again at 0800, out again at 0805, chasing Ruger around back yard 0810, Ruger taking revenge and chasing him 0811, and Kona being the tough Dog and standing his ground behind me 0815. LOL

thanks for stopping by

16 February 2022 - SR Shave # 2116 ( ON HOLD )
DE shave today

Blackland Blackbird Ti / Wizamet
Sorrentino/ Synth
Williams Barber Bar Shave Soap
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lemon / talc
Aqua Velva Sport Aftershave
Penhaligon’s Savoy Steam Cologne
EDE668A9-C5D7-463A-886B-993A02928544.jpeg
Back to the shop shave this morning all good stuff and the BB provided a nice super close shave

Kona went out about 0430, stood in the rain for a bit and decided it was better inside. Typical waiting for a treat while I made my shake, and off to bed he went

Thanks for stopping by

Back