The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Good morning Dave, 1800 is wow a big number! I’m jealous that you had the foresight and record keeping skills to count them all. I’d love to know how many straight shaves I’ve had over the last 5 years(oh well).
It’s a chilly start for us here in Missouri, I couldn’t imagine those temps this time of the year, but I’m sure your winters are wonderful.
1601639309680.png
My dad taught me to shave with Barbasol and a yellow bic. I graduated to carts and goo and then I flirted with an electric in college, I’ve been wet shaving for 8 years now. I hope to go to barber school in the next 2-3 years myself, but we will see. Best wishes Dave!

Awesome post Dave. My dad is a pretty low budget shaver. No fancy bottles of good smelling stuff. He’s worn full beards a fair amount of his life. But in my youth he was clean shaven with the assistance of his trusty Fatboy. Thus that is why I used one exclusively (Fatboy) until a few years ago. Then this “hobby” found me.
Congrats on the milestone.
Have a Good Friday my friend.
Fluffy
Thank you so much Ken I certainly appreciate it yeah it’s been a fun journey so far, especially fun when I get to meet characters like you🤣 have a great day

Good morning Dave, 1800 is wow a big number! I’m jealous that you had the foresight and record keeping skills to count them all. I’d love to know how many straight shaves I’ve had over the last 5 years(oh well).
It’s a chilly start for us here in Missouri, I couldn’t imagine those temps this time of the year, but I’m sure your winters are wonderful.
View attachment 36864
My dad taught me to shave with Barbasol and a yellow bic. I graduated to carts and goo and then I flirted with an electric in college, I’ve been wet shaving for 8 years now. I hope to go to barber school in the next 2-3 years myself, but we will see. Best wishes Dave!
That’s awesome if you wanna talk about the school or the business or anything like that feel free to give me a call PM me for my phone number and we can talk about it but I’ll tell you you’re going to get hooked once you’re in the business I wish I would’ve done this 30 years ago it’s awesome

Date: 10.02.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1793
Razor: Koraat Ice Dragon 6/8 FBH
BrushL Koraat Ice Dragon / HMMW
Shave Soap: CBL Iron Throne
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Gent's Gin
Talc: Proraso Mint & Rosemary
Alum: Proraso
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Juniper Sling EdT

WINTER IS COMING.......... Well Ok, not here in Tucson we were 104 degrees today. It was time however, to bring out Viscerion and go to mowing whiskers. The CBL @CBLSoap.com Iron Throne provided the Fire and Ice, in a really unique soap that is firey and Cold at the same time with a nice Strong Campfire Snow vibe with juniper, pine and good stuff. The Razor provided a fantastic shave as usual and the Full Bellied Hollow of the blade profile cuts right through space and time. A 3-pass shave today for DSBBS (G) (10). followed with a splash of the Gent's Gin which is a great combo of Lime, Cedar, and the vibe of Carbonation and of Course the Junipery goodness of Gin! Some Vasillis of the Juniper sling is more of a dry Gin vibe with a twist. Good Stuff!

Set-up

dw62883.jpg

Date: 10.03.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1794
Razor: Cactus 5/8
Brush: @Graydog "Tucson" / Maggards SHD
Shave Soap: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Fragrance: (last minute audible) Floris 1962 EdP

Nice Shave before a day of Hair Artistry and Client Whisker Remoals. As always an SV shave is a great one. 3-passes DSBBS and a fragrance of Vetiver, Dates,and citrus. Add a bit of Spearmint and Basil from the Floris and ready to attack the day

ZmP3w95.jpg

Date: 10.4.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1795
Razor: JP Alcamisi 6/8 General Badoglio
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks Barzini 2017 / Tuxedo Synth
Shave Soap: Acqua Di Parma
Aftershave: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
Fragrance: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa

LXP5RTx.jpg

Video journal Entry

Date: 10.5.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1795 ( holding DE shave Today)
Razor: Gillette Red Tip SuperSpeed / Astra SP
Brush: Rubberset 400-4 / TGN finest
Shave Soap: Williams Mug
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Talc: Mennen Shave Talc
Fragrance: Royall Yacht EdT

Old School shave today, and how grand it was. The oldest, least expensive items (at original prices) can result in the best shaves LOL. Today was not exception a quick 3-passes and DSBBS fun shave today

Set-up:

de1XNxO.jpg

Today's Video:

Date: 10.6.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1796
Razor: Jerry Stark 6/8 Barbwire Damascus Quarter Hollow
Brush: TSC / SV LE Artisan 2.0 /HMMW
Shave Soap: CFG / Zoologist SE Panda Shave Soap
Aftershave: Omega Aquae Serum
Talc: Borotalco
Fragrance: Cremo Blue Cedar & Cypress EdT

A real mish-mash of a shave today, taking a bit of a cue from @NurseDave and his recent reviews of Zoologist, I remembered I have some of their offerings stored away, along with some CFG collaboration soaps. The fragrances are long gone but the soaps are still around the den, so Panda got the call, Apple,. Bamboo along with the mish mash of aftershave and EdT made for a nice shave although none of it would appear to go together, but it did for a DSBBS shave with the Viking today.

Set-up:

W0aoLBl.jpg
Video:

Date: 10.7.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1797
Razor: CV Heljestrand #8 4/8
Brush: Fine C40 /Angel Hair synthetic
Shave Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Talc: Proraso
Fragrance: Fine Italian Citrus

A nice Quick and Easy shave today with the Heljestrand, that I acquired from @cmh737 quite some time ago, A great little Speedster for around the face. The fine Italian Citrus is a classic and always provides a great medium for the resulting shave. 3-passes, DSBBS, and a splash of the AS and a few Vasilli's of the same for the frag and off to shave some faces and cuts some hair

Set-up

Hn79wje.jpg

Have a Great Day

Date: 10.8.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1798
Razor: Wustof Tridente 6/8
Brush: Paladin Chief / Sabini Blonde Badger
Shave Soap: Paladin Tobacco Road
Aftershave: Tabac
Fragrance: Duke Cannon Randolph EdP

Good Shave Before Work today. Had not used my cache of Paladin Soaps in awhile, so as remembered these are very nice. A 3-pass straight shave as we approach our milestone shave of 1800 straight shaves which will be completed on Monday.

vO3a68a.jpg

Date: Friday October 9th, 2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1799
Razor: Klas Tornblom 5/8
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks Corleone / Synth.
Shave Soap: Mystic Water Jasmine
Aftershave: Nivea 2 in 1
Fragrance: Royall Yacht EdT

Another smooth easy shave brought to you by Tornblom. This little racecar is so smooth, but very deadly if taken for granted. All the characters of today's shave worked well together providing a great 3-pass DSBBS shave. Good Stuff and a bit different Photo op for the day. Thanks for Reading

Set-up

1TLchvK.jpg

Date: Saturday
October 10th, 2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1799 ( HOLDING) SE Shave Today
Razor: Blackland Vector CC / Feather Pro-guard (8)
Brush: DeRuiter Mesquite-Turquoise / 2-band Boar
Shave Soap: WSP Ol Kentucky
Aftershave: WSP Ol Kentucky
Fragrance: WSP Ol Kentucky EdP

Fast, easy and quick SE shave before a 23 appointment day at the Barbershop. My mind was more on that than shaving, so rather than tempt fate with a straight, especially on my milestone shave, so I opted for safe shave. Zip / Zap 3 and out before what turned out to be Fantastic day at the shop, other that being reminded a stunt shave was in the works for Sunday

Set-up:

qsPnAB7.jpg

**Stunt Shave **
Date: Sunday October 11th, 2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1799 ( HOLDING) DE Shave Today

Razor: Gillette Fatboy on 7 / Nacet (1)
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks TSC 1st Annv. / 2-band Silvertip
Shave Soap: Irish Spring
Aftershave: Nivea 2 in 1 / Asylum Royall Fougere
Talc: ProrasoPenhaligon's English Fern
Fragrance: Penhaligon's English Fern

Interesting what items can be blocked from ones memory, when the possibilites of a terrible shave or skin irritation is eminent. Twas the case here. Some time ago I must have mentioned shaving with this soap, and it is comes to pass. Scary to think that this was a better shave soap than either Crabtree & Evelyn and Trumpers, LOL A good three pass shave, somewhat drying but OK @NurseDave and @Spider are tagged for the challenge

Set-up:

nXmFwbt.jpg

Video:

Back