The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Date: 09.25.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1787 Holding. DE Shave today
Razor: Gillette British Aristocrat #15 / King Gillette
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks "Luca Brasi"/ 2-band silvertip
Shave Soap: Truefitt & Hill 1805
Aftershave: Truefitt & Hill 1805
Talc: Proraso
Alum: Proraso
Fragrance: Non
e

Nice 3 pass and DSBBS Shave today.

PTf0FdU.jpg

Glad I'm not the only "low budget" comedian on here. As a nurse. @NurseDave Knows for a fact. That laughter is the best medicine. That's straight from unabridged 10th volume of the Book of American Back Woods Holistic Medical Journals.

Date: 09.26.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1788
Razor: BRW Ghost Jade 5/8
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks "TSC 1st Anniversayry"/ 2-band silvertip
Shave Soap: Floris Elite
Aftershave: Floris Elite
Fragrance: Floris Elite Edt

Good Shave today with some new product from Floris, Thanks for the recommendation @ParamedicAL . Very green, Very Bright and reminiscent of the Original British Sterling back in the day, but much more refined. Being new to Floris, the soaps, presentation, and performance of this product continues to impress. 2-passes with the BRW and DSBBS. Good longevity with the EdT as well.

Set-up:

CM7aKvt.jpg

Good Shave today with some new product from Floris, Thanks for the recommendation @ParamedicAL . Very green, Very Bright and reminiscent of the Original British Sterling back in the day, but much more refined. Being new to Floris, the soaps, presentation, and performance of this product continues to impress. 2-passes with the BRW and DSBBS. Good longevity with the EdT as well.

Set-up:

CM7aKvt.jpg

That is one beautiful looking shave. You have me hankering for some Floris!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Date: 09.272020 / Straight Razor Shave #1789
Razor: Filarmonica 14 Medallon Taurino JMP 7/8
Brush: Matt DeRuiter "F1" Carbon Fiber / 2-band silvertip
Shave Soap: La Toja Shave Stick
Aftershave: La Toja Aftershave Locion
Fragrance: Floris1962 EdP

Another Great shave with some old, & some new. @beginish was the 1st to turn me on to La Toja, and everything in his recommendation was and is spot on with this soap. The aftershave is a nice finish to a great Spanish shave, and of course not much else needs to be said about any Filarmonica Razor, except... Perfection in a blade, smooth, soft on the skin and sharp enough to slice space & time. 2nd only IMHO to CV Heljestrand in overall perfection.

The star of the shave today, however, was the Floris 1962. As seen and mentioned before, I am new to the Floris line, although I have been familiar with it for a long time, just never pulled the trigger, but now that I have, I am afraid it will be on automatic "muliple round & magazine" mode. Just great stuff. Today's focus on the Eau de Pafum of 1962 A unisex fragrance released in 2014 I believe and fast became a men's favorite. With top notes of Bergamot, Green Mandarin, Clove and Spearmint. Heart notes of Cypress, Basil, Jasmine and Lily of the Valley. Finally Base notes of Cedar, Moss, Musk, and Amber. At initial application the mandarin and Bergamot play heavy hitters with a subtle spearmint hint. As the journey continues to the Heart the Spearmint and Jasmine take center stage with a supporting cast of Basil as the prominent cast. The others are so light that they were undetectable to this authors snoz. finally and throughout the rest of the trip with 1962 which is easily 8-12 hours the Cedar, Musk, Spearmint, Jasmine and Basil, take over the stage with the Spearmint and Jasmine staying strong for the entire time. A great fragrance, fast becoming one that could unseat Aventus, Savoy Steam, English Fern and Tribute. It is that nice.

The Fili gave me a nice DSBBS shave.

Set-up

5loWouc.jpg

Video:

Have a nice Day

Set-up:

CM7aKvt.jpg
Glad you like it Dave. This stuff just works and scents are properly refined.

Date: 09.272020 / Straight Razor Shave #1789 (on hold) DE shave today
Razor: Blackland Tradere / Nacet (3)
Brush: Paladin Neptune Cleo / Select Badger
Shave Soap: Floris No. 89 shave soap
Aftershave: Floris No. 89
Fragrance: Floris No. 89

Great shave today, again with Floris, and the Tradere/Nacet combo is working wonderful

Set-up:

N-41
OSCC2GZ.jpg

Video:

Date: 09.29.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1790
Razor: J. Lindy Gold Dollar Mod 13/16
Brush: Matt DeRuiter Purple Neon PJ / Amack Synth
Shave Soap: The Holy Black Lavender Creeper
Aftershave: THB Lavender Creeper
Talc: Proraso Mint & Rosemary
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Bayolea EdT

A slowly waning coffret of soap makes this shave special as it's days are numbered on the primary market and prices for this stiff secondary do not justify it. One of the nicest lavender blends. A great soap and aftershave combo. A nice 3 pass DSBBS shave with the "Lindy" today. A Gold Dollar that shaves as well as some of the more pricey horses in the stable, but more importantly from a contest won and a good friend who made it. Finished off with the Barrel aged AS and the Bayolea.

Set-up:

1E5Pxd0.jpg

Video:

Thanks for checking out my journey

Date: 09.30.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1791
Razor: Dorko 1151
Brush: @Graydog Keyhole / 2-Band Synth
Shave Soap: A&E Kaizen
Aftershave: A&E Kaizen
Fragrance: Creed Neroli Sauvage EDP

Great shave with Kaizen today and the Dorko is Shaving Nirvana, probably as is it my grail razor and many years were spent finding one. 3-passes today DSBBS, and a great way to start the work week.

S6SLnJ9.jpg

Date: 10.01.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1792
Razor: Wacker Chevalier 6/8
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks TSC 1st Anniversary / 2-Band Silvertip
Shave Soap: CBL / Ethos Fresh Lime
Aftershave: Ethos / CBL Fresh Lime Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Royall Lyme

Zeroing in on 1800 straight shaves in the next week or so, representing about 6 yrs overall with a SR at the forefront. although the number only represents about 4.9 yrs, if I would have done it all in one shot, but a nice topper to an almost 40-yr Traditional shaving journey that has taken me from a Tech to Electrics, to carts and goop for a short time and back to where shaving should be. Funny to think that is used to be one brush, one shave soap, one razor, for years, then "The Collection, owning a shave forum and becoming a barber finally... Along the way many Good Friends, many of whom I call Family and Cadre. Guess it was in the DNA from the beginning when I used to raid my Dad's bureau in his Master Bedroom and just stare at the ornate bottles of "juice" in the Royall, Pinaud, and Brut Carafes. nice to go full Circle. 1800 will be a festive day for sure.

Today was a great "lime" shave for the continued 100+ temps DSBBS all the way and a nod to "Dad" with the Royall Products, and of course the Chevalier, although scary to look at a pretty tame beast overall

Set-Up

22qhRvp.jpg

Awesome post Dave. My dad is a pretty low budget shaver. No fancy bottles of good smelling stuff. He’s worn full beards a fair amount of his life. But in my youth he was clean shaven with the assistance of his trusty Fatboy. Thus that is why I used one exclusively (Fatboy) until a few years ago. Then this “hobby” found me.
Congrats on the milestone.
Have a Good Friday my friend.
Fluffy

Back