The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

These new CBL products sounds amazing, I look forward to trying them once Chris adds them to his site. Great review Dave.

Date: Monday October 19th, 2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1803
Razor: H. Diamond 5/8+
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks / Synth
Shave Soap: CBL Orion Base California Sunrise
Aftershave: CBL post Shave Oil . CBL California Sunrise Aftershave Tonic
Talc: Borotalco
Alum: Proraso
Fragrance: Duke Cannon Randolph EdP

The Sea Trials continue on the Orion today and again, it is proving to be the best or the best. This time with a SR that Tim (@MilkCrate ) sent over to have sharpened up, so a test shave is in order. This razor also happens to be on my short list so it was nice to be able to see how the razor honed and how it shaved before I go hunting for the Purple scaled beauty that has been so elusive to me.

Anyway as mentioned in the video the CBL Orion Base, the Aftershave, and the post shave oil are OUTSTANDING. I jested a few months ago for Artisan Soap makers to "step up their game", and Certainly @CBLindsay and @CBLSoap.com did just that, not that he needed to but this is a visual of how good he did..................

giphy.gif

tqAIisz.jpg

Video:

Thanks for stopping by

Date: Tuesday October 20th, 2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1804
Razor: Wacker Chevalier 6/8
Brush: Morris & Forndran Apolina / Sabini 2-band Best Badger
Shave Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: CBL post Shave Oil / L'Occitane Cedrat AS Balm
Fragrance: L'Occitane Eau de L'Occitan EdT

A shave from the back of the soap locker today, as I rotate the fall scents to the front of the pile. L'Occitane is a French triple milled soap that clocks in at about a Tier 2 soap, not great, but not bad either, Extremely fragrant and woody with Bergamot, Cedar and Cade wood in the soap and Pepper, Lavender, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, and Tonka in the EdT, not to mention a splash Bergamot, Citron & Ginger with all the woods made this a trip from the Coast to the mid-forest on a fall day. A good overall combo with the Chevalier at the helm. Still learning the M&F brush and I think I underestimated the water retention and broke the soap, but it still performed well for a nice October morning DSBBS shave

Set-up:

K5GuBnh.jpg

Video:

Have a Nice Day and Thanks for Stopping in.

Date: Monday October 26 2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1810
Razor: Jos. Elliot BSS / 4/8 Rattler
Brush: Matt DeRuiter Mesquite / Turquoise - 2 Band Boar
Shave Soap: CBL / Hombres Barbershop
Aftershave: CBL Hombres Barbershop Apothecary Aftershave Tonic
Talc: Proraso
Fragrance: CBL / Hombres BarberShop

A repeat of Sunday's shave good all the way around Video Log Attached for some exciting news.

Set-up:

pLjoUJ7.jpg

Video:

Date: Tuesday October 27 2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1811
Razor: Thiers-Issard 5/8 la legende 1884
Brush: Morris & Forndran Apolina / Sabini 2-Band Super Badger
Shave Soap: Henri et Vitoria La Poire Francaise
Aftershave: Swiss Pitralon Aftershave Splash
Talc: Mennen
Fragrance: GFT Eucris

Good Shave today, a bit of typical sensitivity to this soap but all in all a nice DSBBS shave finished with Pitralon and Eucris

Have a good day

Set-up:

6eQjPJ8.jpg

Date: Tuesday October 27 2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1811
Razor: Thiers-Issard 5/8 la legende 1884
Shave Soap: Henri et Vitoria La Poire Francaise
Aftershave: Swiss Pitralon Aftershave Splash
Talc: Mennen
Fragrance: GFT Eucris

Good Shave today, a bit of typical sensitivity to this soap but all in all a nice DSBBS shave finished with Pitralon and Eucris

Have a good day

Set-up:

6eQjPJ8.jpg

That's a beautiful brush!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Date: Wednesday October 28 2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1812
Razor: Wustof Tridente 44
Shave Soap: Seaforth Spiced
Aftershave: Seaforth Spiced Aftershave Toner
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion Concentre Edp

Good quick shave for the morning today before heading to the shop for a day or Tonsorial Bliss. Was running late so no new photo, but a recycled one from earlier in the month. A bit rough today due to the quickness of the shave, with a little bit of light sushi, so BBS overall and a nice thinly sliced piece of sashimi for the sink, So thin in fact it barely bled, LOL
Have a good day
Set-Up

58ZrYcU.jpg

Date: Saturday October 31 2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1813
Razor: J. Lindy Gold Dollar Mod 11/16
Brush: Matt DeRuiter PJ / AMACK Syth
Shave Soap: THB Dr. Jeckyll & Mr Hyde
Aftershave: THB Dr. Jeckyll & Mr Hyde
Fragrance: THB Dr. Jeckyll & Mr Hyde

A Good Halloween Shave before doing the Sweeny Todd thing for the day. a pretty mellow day at the shop with a couple of SR shaves, and a variety of Cuts including a real fun one called a FlatTop Boogie, which is essentially a regular flattop, but with a longer "greaser" sweep back on the sides ending in a duck arse in the back. Razor cut the sides with abit of a taper and of course full on Clipper for the Landing strip. Pretty heavy use of Pacino's pomade on this one as well.

As for my shave THB came out with this set a few years ago and was unique for the time as it contained two different soaps in one container, and came with two separate aftershaves and EdP's They were meant to be used in unison, or separate. The Jeckyll was light fresh and citrusy with a nice wood base, and the Hyde, a darker richer mysterious scent. When mixed they created a truly Halloweem dark brooding scent of a foggy night with who knows what around the corner. Nice 3-pass DSBBS shave for the day. Hope all had a safe and Happy Halloween.

keO6PML.jpg

Date: Sunday November 1, 2020L Straight Razor Shave #1813 ( DE Shave Today)
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat British #15 OC / King Gillette (5)
Brush: Morris & Forndran / Sabini
Shave Soap: Floris No. 89
Aftershave: Floris No. 89
Fragrance: Floris No. 89

We lost a great actor yesterday and felt it was fitting for a fragrance set that was so closely attributed to the character most folks identify with from Mr. Connery. Although he did a huge number of other projects including only one where he attempted an American accent playing in Darby O'Gill and the Little People, playing Michael McBride. He has so many memorable roles and Cameos. One of my Favorites was when he shows up at the end as King Richard in Robin Hood. All of his Bond movies were stellar. Although there have been many other Great 007's Connery will remain the best IMHO.

A good 3-pass shave today.

Set-up:

4jW63Yl.jpg

One of my Favorites was when he shows up at the end as King Richard in Robin Hood. All of his Bond movies were stellar. Although there have been many other Great 007's Connery will remain the best IMHO.
Amen to that! What, no love for Zardoz though? 😜😂

Date: Monday November 2, 2020 Straight Razor Shave #1814
Razor: Klas Tornblom 4/8 Shoulderless / Sorrentino Custom Scales
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks Luca Brasi / 2-band Silvertip
Shave Soap: Victory Shaving Company "Flak Bait"
Aftershave: Avon Wild Country KAVN
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Elixir EdT

Nice shave today, a bit of a smorgaboard, but in hunting through the den, found some nice partners for the VCS soap. Flak bait is Black Cherry, Rum and Smoke. It has a great hint of Dr. Pepper without all the sweetness. It is fast pulling away from Champagne Lady, and Flight Engineer as my favorite, although all VCS's Scents are unique and wonderful. A vintage Wild Country in a Microphone bottle was gifted to me by @Spider some time ago, and well it means so much to me I dont use it often enough and surprisingly it paired perfectly and the Gothic" Cathedral vibe of Pen's Elixir was spot on as well with more than a few Vasilli's..

3-passes today with the little Tornblom and DSBBS all the way with a little cleanup. As mentioned above AS/EdT were harmonious as well.

Thanks for reading and watching

Set-up:

c9ylwxI.jpg

Video:

Back