The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Date: 08.26.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1776 DE DE Shave Today
Razor: Feather
Brush: Honeycomb
Shave Soap: CC North
Aftershave: #1 Duke Cannon Ice cold / #2 Clubman Reserve Gents Gin
Talc: Proraso Rosemary/Mint
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Juniper Sling

Gin & Tonic Anyone. Good three pass shave for the beginning of the Shop week.

pVsrObvl.jpg

Date: 08.27.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1777
Razor: Wustof Tridente 144
Brush: SMC No 1
Shave Soap: Kaizen
Aftershave: Kaizen
Talc: Proraso Rosemary/Mint
Fragrance: DC Randolph

Another winner of a shave, finally back to some straights and the Tridente always delivers. 3-passes DSBBS and good fragrance all around

2Ibr9Bxl.jpg

Date: 08.28.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1778
Razor: Klas Tornblom 5/8 Rattler
Brush: SBW Luca Brasi
Shave Soap: Penhaligon's Bayolea
Aftershave: Penhaligon's Bayolea
Talc: Borotalco
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Bayolea

Penhaligon's never fails to give an overall great shave experience, The soap is not top tier, however very nice and in the vein of DR Harris, and MWF. The Tormblom is little spitfire that is a blast to shave with. 3-passes today and DSBBS+G.

GN7jrVk.jpg

08/29/2020 -SV Shave Sr Shave #1779

All SV Shave with the new brush, very nice and of course DSBBS with Leonardo

cQQ67GHl.jpg

8/30/2020
Jasmine and Ocean DE Shave

Very Floral and Aquatic today, Water and Jasmine the theme and an 2 edt's today for a 3-pass DSBBS shave

Gj1jmwBl.jpg

8/31/2020: SR Shave #1780
"The TSC and an Aquanaut

The TSC, Spain, Germany, Utah and Phoenix were all represented today for a "Mountain Themed" shave today with homage to Creed's Silver Mountain water. Beehive Soaps are just a Utah treasure and @CVargo had turned me on to these a few year back. 3PDSBBS today, as the little Fili did her job well.

2klD8H1l.jpg

9/1/2020: SR Shave # 1781 "The Cactus Lives"

A bunch of 1sts today A nicely honed up SR that was headed for the bin, but resurected for a tremendous edge, and of course the beginning of The Hombres Barbershop Line. If you your like CFG GTB then this is one you will enjoy. A CBL soap through and through with the feel of the Southwest and an Old time Western Barbershop with Saddle Leather, Gunpowder, Gunsmoke, Jalapeno and more, including a Tumbleweed just for @CVargo. A Fun Shave today!

7z1VhF6l.jpg

Catching up on Journal entries:

9/3/2020
fsojeFll.jpg

9/5/2020:
YuMjeE9l.jpg

9/5/2020:

ckv4VIyl.jpg

9/6/2020:

UxLSbsdl.jpg

9/7/2020:

ezQA2FEl.jpg

All Great shaves with Various Hardware and software, plus some testing of a new project soap, my BarberShop's new Signature soap and Aftershave commissioned to @CBLSoap.com and @CBLindsay, as well as the current top soap and aftershave combo in the den. Slacked off the Straight razors a bit as the shop has been supper packed and a DE or SE shave gets me out the door quicker. These past couple of days getting acquainted with the New Tradere OC. Shawn at Blackland could not have done a better job in a re-creation of such an iconic razor, superb in all ways as is typical with Blackland

Date: 09.08.2020
Razor: Blackland Tradere OC / Personna Super (3)
Brush: Rubberset 400-4 . TGN Finest 2-band
Shave Soap: Ethos Grooming Succes
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Succes Skin food aftershave splash
Talc: Borotalco
Fragrance: Ethos Grooming EdP

A nice shave today with one of the top 2 homages to Creed Aventus. Ethos is bit bit smoother and more pineapple forward than the namesake which can be a bit sharper in the top notes. This and Fine Accoutrements are the leaders in the Homage to Aventus category for sure, with the edge to Ethos across the board. Succes feels more organic rather than synthetic in that regard.
The BlackLand Tradere continues to impress, however the initial reports of the Personna Supers being harsh, or a bit agressive, are lost on me, in fact it seemed to fall off very fast after shave #1, unlike, Astras, Feather, Voskhods, or PolSilvers, which I guess now are Wizamet? I have still yet to try them or the Nacet blades, as I have about a bunch of razor blades that have piled up in all the years I have been using a straight. Now that I am splitting my time with SR, SE,and DE's I will probably be using more and getting a trial tuck here and there.

3 -pass DSBBS (G) shave today and the SF splash and Edp, along with the talc were a winner.

Cheers and thanks for reading

Set-up:
0CMAKaL.jpg

Date: 09.09.2020 - 09.13.2020 - 9.14.2020
Razor: Tradere & Straight Razor Shaves #1782-#1783

Varied stuff for these shaves both good shaves and Video journals for the last couple

Q0zfFcQl.jpg

XB4tGX1l.jpg

WW9XOMvl.jpg

Video Journals:

09/13/2020

That English Fern shave certainly looked like a good one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Date: 08.28.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1783 and holding DE shave today
Razor: Blackland Tradere / Feather Hi-Stainless
Brush: SBW TSC Anniversary / 2-band Silvertip
Shave Soap: PannaCrema Nuavia Verde
Aftershave: Proraso Classic Green
Talc: Proraso
Fragrance: Aqua Di Gio EdT

Nice 3 and out for DSBBS shave today. As summer is waning to autumn the shift begin soon to more cooler weather scents. This is mostly academic here in AZ, as we could really use summer scents year round, but that would see a ton of soaps never getting used, so in this case we will "pretend it is getting cooler". Not much else to be said about PannaCrema in all it's forms, but especially the Verde, Light, crisp, green and colonia. All the things that hit my wheelhouse and top notch Elite performance as well. Add to that the beauty and performance of the Tradere and match that with Proraso Green and AdG and you have the makings of a fantastic Italian themed Summer shave. Good Stuff.

Set-Up:

EvlzvtF.jpg

Video Log:

Back