The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

All caught up Bruce and never a question on the Vector, and I am sure your videos would be entertaining especially with that Clamp LOL

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (34)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (7)
  • Stirling Dunshire splash
Dinner tonight will be fun. Two sons will be over, as well as one's GF. The older, who is moving across state, is going to pick up sandwiches at Primanti's, which is an iconic local restaurant. All of their sandwiches, be it fish, roast beef, or whatever, have cole slaw and fries piled in them. Sounds weird, but they are delicious. Don't want the slaw and fries? Too bad, that's how their sandwiches are made; they don't do made to order, so take them off your own darned self.

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (34)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (7)
Dinner tonight will be fun. Two sons will be over, as well as one's GF. The older, who is moving across state, is going to pick up sandwiches at Primanti's, which is an iconic local restaurant. All of their sandwiches, be it fish, roast beef, or whatever, have cole slaw and fries piled in them. Sounds weird, but they are delicious. Don't want the slaw and fries? Too bad, that's how their sandwiches are made; they don't do made to order, so take them off your own darned self.
I miss Yankee land where they knew how to provide service.......their way 😂

I miss Yankee land where they knew how to provide service.......their way 😂
The restaurant is downtown, where they do an amazing lunchtime business (take-out only, for now). They are cash only, and are annoyed with giving change, so sometimes you under-pay, sometimes over-. They are also a favorite spot when the bars close. Their approach is very successful: there are now a half dozen or so branches scattered around the suburbs. The sandwiches are that good. I'm getting fish tonight. :)

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (35)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (8)
Nice shave this morning. Mentally I think I'm still recovering from the Vector challenge. It just feels so good to be clean shaven every day.

Had a fun time swapping out old cable boxes and router for new. We are paring our bills down somewhat, so I spent an inordinate amount of time doing it at the cable store and at home. Even simple tasks can sometimes be challenging. All done now, and on the patio enjoying a cigar to reward myself. At least, that's my reasoning. Hope everyone had a great day. :)

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (36)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (9)
Very good shave this morning (y) . I love the Vector for its slim profile; it makes those hard to reach areas a breeze to shave. At some point I'll break out a DE from my extensive collection of all two of them, but not yet. Enjoying the Vector too much right now. Have a terrific Friday, Cadre!

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (37)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (10)
What can I say? Another great shave with this setup. Love the BBS feel, and the smell of this splash. Ready to face the day. :)

Back