The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

This not shaving for a few days is really weird. Can't remember the last time I went this long without being clean shaven. Thank goodness I'm not going out much, and when I do, the facemask covers most of the whiskers. My beard is indeed gray! One interesting thing is it that the longer whiskers really highlight the different directions the whiskers grow. That said, I'm looking forward to shaving these bad boys off come Tuesday evening.

I am guessing the Vector can handle it...but I am definitely looking forward to your views on the situation.
I think the Vector will be up to the task. I really wanted to go for a week, but it will be six days only. I've got to go in Wednesday morning for more training so I'll shave the night before.

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (33)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
  • Stirling Dunshire splash
The Vector/Proline combo mowed down 6 days' growth easily. It was as smooth and effortless as though I'd shaved yesterday. @NurseDave and @GearNoir , I was going to make a video, but my phone fell into the sink filled with water. I retrieved it without damage, but set it aside to be safe.

Work is good. Much to be done, but it is manageable. Home life is changing; one son is moving across state for his dietician internship. He already is living independently, but nearby. The other son, who lives at home, may be moving in with his GF in a few weeks. We will be for real empty nesters before we know it. It will take time to adjust to these changes, but we'll be fine. Our son is only nominally living at home now, as he spends at least half the week with the GF, so we've become accustomed to his absence.

That is all in Graybeardland. :)

If this is for real, Thanks for trying anyway Bruce. Glad the phone was saved. Maybe another time with a better hold position (y)
It was for real. If I hadn't adjusted the phone's position, I would have been fine.

I've been toying with the idea of making a video for awhile. If I do, it will be pretty rudimentary compared to the videos I've watched. It would be my first attempt to concoct a video of any type, so my production values won't be very good.

It was for real. If I hadn't adjusted the phone's position, I would have been fine.

I've been toying with the idea of making a video for awhile. If I do, it will be pretty rudimentary compared to the videos I've watched. It would be my first attempt to concoct a video of any type, so my production values won't be very good.
If you've been bored by any of mine you know how rudimentary they are. No video production at all......Can't wait to see yours (y)

Back