The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (41)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • Stirling Dunshire splash
Good shave today. The journey to my son's has been postponed till tomorrow. We have the AC, but the bracket for it won't be here till later today. Since the AC weighs over 60 lbs, we'll wait for the support bracket.

On the plus size, my coffee roaster is due to be delivered today. :)

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (41)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
Good shave today. The journey to my son's has been postponed till tomorrow. We have the AC, but the bracket for it won't be here till later today. Since the AC weighs over 60 lbs, we'll wait for the support bracket.

On the plus size, my coffee roaster is due to be delivered today. :)
Congratulations on the coffee roaster! I'm eagerly awaiting your reviews! I've often wondered aloud about buying one too. New AD?

Oh yeah. My original conked out with my having 11 or 12 lbs unroasted. Now I'll have nearly 20 lbs to enjoy. This one has preset roasting per your preference, or, I assume, you can freestyle your roast times. Smoke suppression, and a cooling cycle as well. It can do a lb at a time, which is my preferred amount. Can't wait to put it through its paces!

Oh yeah. My original conked out with my having 11 or 12 lbs unroasted. Now I'll have nearly 20 lbs to enjoy. This one has preset roasting per your preference, or, I assume, you can freestyle your roast times. Smoke suppression, and a cooling cycle as well. It can do a lb at a time, which is my preferred amount. Can't wait to put it through its paces!
is it Gas or electric??

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (42)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
Good shave. Today we drive to Mechanicsburg with the AC and bracket for our son. Looking forward to this. When we get home I get to play with the new coffee roaster. Looks to be a good day. :)

Looks like it’s going to be a great road-trip kinda day!
Salvation is on its way!
Drive safe, Bruce!
Road trip! Safe travels Bruce.
Have a good one Bruce and travel safe!
It was a road trip, alright. Thanks, guys. AC is in and cooling the apartment nicely. We had a nice dinner with our son at Five Guys (cheeseburger and fries!), then headed home. We stopped for a break about 90 minutes outside of Pittsburgh: restroom break and coffee. Then the car wouldn't start, acting like the battery died. Roadside assistance got it started: something electrical, but the battery is fine. Home at 10:30pm, a 14 hour event. My legs and feet are buzzing with exhaustion. Well, the AC's in, and I'll play with the roaster tomorrow. Tired.

It was a road trip, alright. Thanks, guys. AC is in and cooling the apartment nicely. We had a nice dinner with our son at Five Guys (cheeseburger and fries!), then headed home. We stopped for a break about 90 minutes outside of Pittsburgh: restroom break and coffee. Then the car wouldn't start, acting like the battery died. Roadside assistance got it started: something electrical, but the battery is fine. Home at 10:30pm, a 14 hour event. My legs and feet are buzzing with exhaustion. Well, the AC's in, and I'll play with the roaster tomorrow. Tired.
Glad you made it OK!

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (43)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
Nice shave. I'll see if I can use this soap one more week, taking it to an even 50.

On my third roast now. Details later in the coffee thread.

Back