The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (37)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (11)
  • Stirling Dunshire splash
Nice shave this morning. Family gathering this afternoon. A nephew is moving to Seattle so we're sending him off in style. Big spaghetti dinner with cheesecake dessert. Hopefully, I'll be home in time to join the Zoom call.

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (38)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (1)
Good shave this morning. One little nick on my neck, but it stopped oozing on its own. All in all, a very satisfying have. (y)

The restaurant is downtown, where they do an amazing lunchtime business (take-out only, for now). They are cash only, and are annoyed with giving change, so sometimes you under-pay, sometimes over-. They are also a favorite spot when the bars close. Their approach is very successful: there are now a half dozen or so branches scattered around the suburbs. The sandwiches are that good. I'm getting fish tonight. :)
View attachment 31172
Here's a newspaper photo.
Primanti Brothers!!!!

The one on 18th Street is the REAL one!

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (39)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (2)
Tomorrow will be 40 days on the soap with no end in sight. Definitely a high value product.

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (40)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
Nice refreshing morning shave. Today is my Friday this week. Tomorrow will be a Cadre/AC Friday. My wife and I are driving to the middle of PA to bring a window AC unit to our son, who is sweltering in a 3rd story apartment. He is there for his Dietician internship and to begin work on his Master degree at a small college. This is a big deal for him, as it is the culmination of many years of study and work.

It was for real. If I hadn't adjusted the phone's position, I would have been fine.

I've been toying with the idea of making a video for awhile. If I do, it will be pretty rudimentary compared to the videos I've watched. It would be my first attempt to concoct a video of any type, so my production values won't be very good.
Bruce you make a video and the horde will be after ME to do the same...come on and help a Brother out!

Back