The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

rainbow blade??? what is that? deets please.

I think I have seen them for sale somewhere Tom. Green box with Rainbow written on it in rainbow colors. Personally have no experience with them other than that.

Details:

One blade was thrown in a blade purchase some time ago. I get excellent shaves with them in any of my four razors. Been using them in my '38 Sheraton for a few weeks. Just loaded my last blade today. I get 3-4 shaves/blade.

Another great shave:

'38 Sheraton
Rainbow blade (2)
CBL BRO
WSP Olympus AS

One more shave on the Rainbow, then on to Timor, an excellent blade.

CBL soap continues to impress. Needs so little water to produce a perfect lather. I've found that the vapor from just one breath is enough (2 is too much). ?

Great shave on the Timor blade. Super sharp, super smooth. The test for me is ATG on my upper lip, and it cut right through with no trouble whatsoever. I'm going to enjoy these blades. Here is today's gear (fragrance is Al Haramain L'Adventure):

My blade test is also my upper lip, and an area of my chin. If it can get through those with no problem, the blade is a keeper. I really want to get some CBL in that scent as well. Nice shave, Bruce.

I am totally enjoying my Timor blades. Still smooth and sharp through three shaves. I have no patience with blades that tug even a little, and will quickly change blades as soon as they do. This one is holding up well. ?

I think I have a few Timor Blades laying around...guess I will have to check them out!

I think I have a few Timor Blades laying around...guess I will have to check them out!

Let us know what you think of them. I got a week of great shaves from my first blade. I'll start on a new blade tomorrow. CBL BRO, Sheraton w/Timor, Rudy Vey Muhle synthetic brush, WSP Olympus is my setup till I run out of soap or AS, whichever comes first. Probably the AS, but we'll see. Loving the shaves with this setup. ?

I'm torn between using CBL BRO for a few more days, or adding it into My Special Blend 2 (MSB2). MSB2 has remnants of Fine Green Vetiver, CBL TSC, and a very healthy dose of Soapy Science Doc's Special Blend, which is an excellent lathering peppermint scent. I need the BRO to continue to cut down the peppermint, so I think I've decided to add it today.
Tomorrow I'll start Mike's Rose & Cedarwood, which has been a favorite for years. It will be interesting to compare the scent to BRO's.

A lot of Rose going on there Bruce!

I love rose shaving soap. Used Mike's Rose & Cedarwood today. It's a subtler rose thn BRO, with a touch of cedar, which blends well. Mike's lathers easily, not as easily as CBL soaps (but then, what does?), using a wetter brush than with CBL. great cushion and glide, rinses easily, leaving a nice lubricated post shave feel. Mike's was the first soap vendor I tried six years ago, and it still pleases me. Good stuff.
Timor blade in a '38 Sheraton, Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF brush, and WSP Olympus completed my BBS shave.

I love rose shaving soap. Used Mike's Rose & Cedarwood today. It's a subtler rose thn BRO, with a touch of cedar, which blends well. Mike's lathers easily, not as easily as CBL soaps (but then, what does?), using a wetter brush than with CBL. great cushion and glide, rinses easily, leaving a nice lubricated post shave feel. Mike's was the first soap vendor I tried six years ago, and it still pleases me. Good stuff.
Timor blade in a '38 Sheraton, Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF brush, and WSP Olympus completed my BBS shave.
Mikes soaps are VERY good, definitely top shelf in many dens. I think my favorite scent is the orange cedar.

Back