The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Quiet evening at home. Vision fuzzy and doubly today, but tolerable. Hoping it continues to improve over the weekend. Watching the Steelers beat the Ravens from 12/5/10. This is the game where Ben got his nose broken early in the game, but returned to win the game.

And here I thought nobody ever watched those replay games.

• LNHC Haute Leather (15)
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
  • Plague Doctor splash
I cn see the bottom of the soap tub now, which always leads me to wondering which soap to use next. Got a couple headed my way in the anniversary buy, so they are candidates, and there a couple at home I've got my eye on. Decisions, decisions!

Quiet evening at home. Vision fuzzy and doubly today, but tolerable. Hoping it continues to improve over the weekend. Watching the Steelers beat the Ravens from 12/5/10. This is the game where Ben got his nose broken early in the game, but returned to win the game.
My daughter and I were at that game. It was a memorable moment in time.

• LNHC Haute Leather (16)
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
  • Plague Doctor splash
Another great BBS shave. Honestly, this is getting boring - it's too easy. Very happy with this setup in all respects. Let's have a great day, Cadre!

Uh oh, Bruce is bored with perfection! He’s gonna have to start throwing in a bad shave here n there to mix things up!

Never had the pleasure of those legendary blades, but I'll pass.
I tried one, wasn't the worst blade I ever used but was definitely the second worst. I could feel ever whisker being cut, certainly an unusual shaving experience. At least the blade did cut, unlike the Flying Eagle, which lasted only about 1 1/2 inches of shaving. That blade felt like it was pulling every whisker out.

Back