The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• LNHC Haute Leather (18)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (8)
  • LNHC Barber Shop elixir
Decided to use a couple items of 2nd Anniversary swag. I love the brush: it looks great, and has nice weight to it. A definite keeper. Using LNHC's elixir was a pleasant surprise, as I shy away from balms because they can leave my skin feeling greasy. This absorbs very quickly. I sprayed too much in my palm, but my skin soaked it all up in about 2-3 minutes. LNHC'S elixir AS is very similar in consistency to A&E's formulation. Lisa's got a winner with her recipe, and it smells great, too.
65134E7C-DA50-4E7D-8EA1-1309997C004D_1_201_a.jpeg

• LNHC Haute Leather (19)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (9)
  • LNHC Barber Shop elixir
I'll use the blade for one more shave, then pitch it. Slight tugging with this shave. LNHC Barber Shop AS continues to please me. Last night's shave was a little rough, but after using Lisa's elixir my face felt fine this morning. Correction: this AS is creamier than A&E's offering; they are dissimilar in that respect.

• LNHC Haute Leather (20)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (10)
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
Back to Plague Doctor splash. Last shave on the blade - might be a shave or two left in it, but it's needing too much buffing and touchup for me. Have a great day, Cadre!

• LNHC Haute Leather (22)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (12
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
Final shave with the Haute Leather. I could work up a handful more, but it's just too annoying when it's a skinny ring. Into the MSB4 tub it goes, along with eight other flavors. @GearNoir , I underestimated the number of soaps in the tub. Many slivers. BBS shave with ease due to the fresh blade.

Back